课程特色

视频(50)
讨论(8)
图文(48)
考试(27)
音频(13)

Discussion for TOEFL Test course Week 2 with Miss Tian

By TianTian 2020-03-05 5866次浏览

Can you give me a brief summay of TOEFL Reading Section courses you have learned this week? Which strategy is very useful when you do your reading part? explain it in a few words.

195 回复

• 杨坤萍2019114425 2020-03-05

I've learned many different types of questions ,which include reference , inference questions and so on.l realize I'm quite a novice  needs more professional training. And the skimming and scanning skill towards to the article before answering questions is a new and effective way for me to read.

回复
  • 2019112715何远亮 2020-03-06

During this week I have learned some basic forms of questions in the reading part of TOEFL test, including the factual or negative factual information questions, the inference and rhetorical purpose questions,the vocabulary questions,the reference questions and so on. The teacher teached me that when I am having the reading test, I needn't to know all of words and meanings of each sentence, I just need to know the main meanings of an article, which makes me feel a lot easier. And the most important strategies I have learned are the skimming and scanning skills, which makes my reading more efficient.

回复
  • 2019115846张嘉安 2020-03-06

The videos showed the insder's view of the Reading Section which started the week by looking at the features of an academic reading, and it also showed me some examples of readings of TOEFL test. The most useful part is the skill that how to approach a  reading passage, providing me with tips with academic reading.

回复
  • 2019114378赵欣傲 2020-03-06

Through the study of this week,I think what the most different is we should understand academic vocabulary used in the passages in TOEFL Reading Section.So,we'd better increase our vocabulary.However if we meet some vocabularies which we don’t know,we can infer the meaning according to the context.In addition,we’d better recognize different questions,for example,reference questions,inference and rhetorical purpose questions and factual or negative factual information questions.Whatever we do,keep practicing.

回复
  • 明煜梅 2020-03-06

During this week's study, I learn about different types of questions in the reading test, such as vocabulary question, reference question and so on. In addition, I also learned how to read passage effectively. In my opinion, the strategy that I  need to skim the passage to undestand the meaning when is very helpful far me when I do the reading part.

回复
  • 赵晨瑜 2020-03-06

In the  journey through this week, l have learned the basic question types of the reading section and some useful strategies resloving them. These can be roughly divided into four parts , including the factual or negative factual information questions, the inference and rhetorical purpose questions,the vocabulary questions,the reference questions. In my perspective, the most useful strategy is skimming, which can help me konw this passage roughly.

回复
  • 2019112699朱一樊 2020-03-06

During this week,I have learned four types of questions.As far as I'm concerned,skipping the whole passage as quickly as possible is the most important for me.

回复
  • 电讯郝建熙 2020-03-06

In this week,I have learned the three characteristics of the academic passages and how to approach to the academic passage.After the learning course,the most impressive  and useful strategy is grasping the main idea of the reading passage.I am look forward to the next week.

回复
  • 刘哲瀚2019113050 2020-03-06

Toefl reading test choice of a large number of questions, including a variety of topic types, but now you can know that the topic type and the college entrance examination English multiple choice questions are the same. In my opinion, the root strategy in vocabulary questions helps me a lot

回复
  • 2019115806沈雨桐 2020-03-06

Through the TOEFL Test course Week 2 , I learned about the question type of the reading section of the text and the corresponding strategy. I also learned about the character of the reading material.  Among all the strategies provided by the courses, the skim strategy is  the most helphul one to me. I used to spend much time when reading. I used to reading every word and detail of the article. But the articles in the TOFEL test is longer than the other test, so I need to read fast. According to the skim strategy, I can only read the headline and the first sentences of each paragraph, and read the details after reading the questions.  

回复
  • 新传1班宋子琪 2020-03-06

From the videos, I have learned the skills of grasp the main topic of acedamic materials and tips of finding the answers of different types of questions, such as reference questions, factual questions and vocabulary questions . As my reading speed is not satisfactory, the methods of master the whole passage quickly are very useful to me. Taking a glance at the first few sentences of each paragraph is one of these approches.

回复
  • 2019112645王子萌 2020-03-06

After learning the week 2 of TOEFL, I learn more information about TOEFL test. Firstly, the passages cover a variety of different subjects.So , if you have trouble with vocabulary, don't worry, it's novel.Just grasp the topic of the passage. And all the information you need to answer the questions will be included in the passage. Next, there are different kinds of questions such as  the factual or negative factual information questions, the inference and rhetorical purpose questions, the vocabulary questions, the reference questions and so on. Finally, you can scan and don't need to understand every word .Read the questions and find answers by reading the part of the passage back  .他That 's all  . Thanks for your reading. 

回复
  • 2019112648申芮 2020-03-06

Through the courses of week 2,i have a brief knowledge of the structure of reading section of TOEFL test.In the meantime,I learned that there are so much for me to improve in the following studies.There are various question types in the TOEFL test reading,such as reference question,inference question and vocabulary question.As far as i am concernd,i always skin the passage at a quik speed and then circled the important words in the questions and translat it into chinese if neccassary. Last,i will read the passage carefully with the important words in my mind.

回复
  • 万欣宇 2020-03-06

For this week,I have understood four types of reading questions and how to approach passages.It's neceesary to learn skills to solve passage.We should be able to synthesize information presented in the text, identify the author's rhetorical purpose,scan the text to find specific pieces of information,and understand academic vocabulary used in the passage.

回复
  • 物流5张涵 2020-03-06

In this section,I have learnt some types of reanding questions.For instance,they are inferences question,details question,words' expression and summary question,etc.Different types have different ways to solve.But the same way we need to do is that contact context and carefully comparend four options.As for me,I think the most useful strategy is that eliminate some options which are obvious wrong and then compare the remaining options in the text.

回复
  • 新传1班倪玉萍 2020-03-06

This week's TOEFL reading course gave me a clearer understanding of English reading questions, especially judging the types of questions by the key words of the questions.  I think the "note-taking method" introduced by the teacher is very helpful to me.  Unlike the video, which requires us to browse articles before looking at problems, I am used to reading articles with problemsTherefore, sketching key words in the article is very helpful for my reading comprehension.  Unfortunately, it is difficult to outline key words when answering questions on mobile phones.

回复
  • 2019113995晏楚奕 2020-03-06

During this week,I have learned how to solve my problems in learning English better. I have also improved my accuracy in doing some questions. I have learned to find some key words to reason and so on. But I don't understand some words enough, I do n' t know some words when I do some questions, I need to improve my vocabulary quickly crying

回复
  • 电信类3班高科曌 2020-03-06

During this week, I have learned more details about the Reading section this week through a series of videos about the different Reading question types,such as inference questions, vocabulary questions, reference questions and so on.After learning, what impress me most is that the skills of skimming the passage is quite important.Getting the main idea of the passage can help us a lot.

回复
  • 杨楠茜2019115766 2020-03-06

In this week's study, I got to know several kinds of reading questions on the toefl test and the problem-solving skills for each type of questions. In my opinion, the most important point is to get information from the original text, to be loyal to the original text and to judge whether each option is right or wrong

回复
  • 2019115795陈柔潼 2020-03-06

In this week of study, I knew about the characteristics about academic article and some question styles in TOEFLE Test. For me, the most useful strategy is taking notes, because I used to understand every details and can't select important message. So taking notes can help me to improve my ability of selecting important message and so that I can undersdand articles more quickly and accuretely.

回复
  • 2019111263林少鹏 2020-03-06

This week's toefl reading class has given me more confidence in English reading questions, especially when it comes to detailed English reading questions, I learned to put the questions back in the article, link them to the context, and finally summarize the answers by myself.

回复
  • 电信3班马姣姣 2020-03-06

The texts of TOFEL Reading Section are mainly academic texts that are conceptually complex,use formal language and present ideas logically and objectively. They include factual information and negative factual information questions, inference questions, vocabulary questions, reference questions and so on. I think the most practical strategy is scanning the text to find specific pieces of information. Because It is important to be able to quickly locate a sentence or portion of a paragraph that discusses a particular point.

回复
  • 电讯4406白雨茁 2020-03-06

After learning week2 ,I have a good understanding of the construction of the toffel reading. There is 4 kinds of questions. I know my shortcoming is not careful enough. I will correct it and keep do my best. 

回复
  • 电信2班王新雨 2020-03-06

During studying the course,I learned various types of the reading articles and basic questions,such as inference questions, vocabulary questions, reference questions and so on.I think that extracting the keywords is important to understand not only the article,but also questions.And I need to expand my vocabulary.

回复
  • 新传二班赖铭扬 2020-03-06

From this week's study,I know more about the TOFEL reading section.I know there are 3-4 passages and each has 10 questions.Meanwhile,I also know that there are a lot of types of questions,the factual Information and negative factual Information questions,vocabulary questions,sentence simplification questions and so on.Because of these types,it's a good way to recognize the type of questions and find the answers in articles  purposefully.And understanding academic vocabulary used in the passage is a perfect way for me to learn the pasaage,too.

回复
  • 新传三班屈玥同同 2020-03-06

There are a variety of question types n the TOFEL reading parts. Acording to this week's learning, I've learned many different skillsto deal with different tyes of questions. For example, I can distinguish what the topics' targets from some key words and realize what the questions examing for. Before I read the passage, I'm used to skin the topics first. This strategy can give me a hand of finding the answers more quickly and accurately.

回复
  • 2019113923汤承玉 2020-03-06

After learing the TOEFL reading section,I know taking notes is a good way to do reading,however, I think this tip is not suit for me.As far as I'm concerned, skimming article is more suitable for me.By skimming,I will learn what the article takes,and it is benefical for me to answer the question.For several years, I have the habit that answering questions after reading the whole artical.

回复
  • 白佳怡 2020-03-06

During this week,I've learned different skills for different reading uestions such as the factual information questions, negative factual information questions,vocabulary questions,sentence simplication questions and so on. I think the most useful strategy scanning and skiming,which can help me quickly find the right answer while reading. 

回复
  • 电信三班刘泽凯 2020-03-06

During the study,I have learned some types of questions ,such as,reference,inference and so on. many of the methods they mentioned I have grasped and skimming is very useful to me

回复
  • 电信2班罗刚 2020-03-06

I have learned different types of questions in the reading part ,including the factual and negative factual information questions, the inference and rhetorical purpose questions,the vocabulary questions,the reference questions  etc.Having better  known these solutions,such as skimming,finding the clues concerning the question and taking notes,I am able to choose the right answer.

回复

添加回复