课程特色

视频(50)
讨论(8)
图文(48)
考试(27)
音频(13)

Week 1

By 金艾 2020-02-24 4725次浏览

What have you learned from Week 1?  Could you list some differences between TOEFL and IELTS based on your research?

132 回复

• 卓睿馨 2020-02-24

I have learned about TOEFL's rules and many methods to learn English in Week1.

And the differences between TOEFL and IELTS,I think,includes three aspects mainly.

Firstly,they have different Subject bodies. Whlie IELTS is given by The British Council, CUCLES,and IDP Education Australia, TOEFL is given by ETS.

Secondly, their cultures are also different. IELTS involves more culture and geography of England and Australia. However, TOEFL has more cultures and history of America.

Last but not the least,the purpose of their marks are different, too. IELTS have two types,while A for study and G for immigrant.But TOEFL's store can be used for study abroad only.

Here's my opinoin about the differences between TOEFL and IELTS.If there are any problems,welcome to correct me.

回复
  • 张璐2019114780 2020-02-24

I have learned that TOEFL is a platform with great authority ,so it can prove one's ability in a way.

The following are some differences :

In terms of listening:TOEFL has more living topics but IELTS is more academic.

In terms of speaking:TOEFL adapts the way of talk between people but IELTS adapts the way that people talk to machines. 

That's all.Thanks for watching and reviewing.

回复
  • 张龙 2020-02-24

Firstly,the fundamental difference between IELTS and TOEFL is that one is British English and the other one is American English.Secondly,IELTS vacabulary requirments are not so high, the main bias is application ability,the listening requirments of TOEFL is greater than IELTS,and TOEFL reading comprehension is easier.Thirdly,for oral,IELTS is man-machine interaction,but TOEFL is man-man interaction.Fourthly,for test fee,TOEFL is 1761yuan,moreover,the IELTS is 2170 yuan。

Thank you for your browsing!

回复
  • 郭玉莹 2020-02-24

I have learned about the general information of TOEFL text and detailed class schedule in week 1.  

There are many differences between TOEFL and IELTS.The TOEFL includes computer tests, but the IELTS only includes written and oral tests. Also the schools to which the tests are applied are also different. IELTS is suitable for the British Commonwealth country. TOEFL is mainly used in north America countries.

The above is what I learned through week one. Thanks for your reading.

回复
  • 陈香润 2020-02-24

Through this course,I learned the basic process of TOEFL from week 1.

I will list some differences between IELTS and TOEFL.

Difference 1:Organizer.IELTS is managed by the British Council,the Cambridge University examination board and the Australian Education International Development Agency.TOEFL is managed by the American testing service.

Difference 2:Examination time.IELTS takes 2 hours and 45 minutes,while TOEFL takes 4 hours.

Difference 3:Examination order.The order of IELTS  test is as follows:listening(30 m),reading(60 m),writing(60 m),speaking(11-14m),speaking test is conducted separately,which may be  arranged from the week before the written test.The order of TOEFL is as follows:reading(60-80m),listening(60-90m),speaking(20m),writing(50m).

回复
  • 郑颜坤 2020-02-24

Through this course,i learned the difference between IELTS and TOEFL

TOEFL and IELTS is for non native speakers of Englishlanguage proficiency test
    In general to major North American TOEFL, go to theCommonwealth countries have IELTS
    Both test English, TOEFL test is used at present, and IELTS oral or written + interview form.

IELTS is a test that you must take to go to the Commonwealth, listening, speaking, reading and writing. Oral English is the kind of person to person, and the rest is written examination. Immigration and academic

回复
  • 徐兆云 2020-02-24

During all my past life I know more about the TOEFL. As for the IELT,I almost know nothing about it. According to the Baidu,I have a sketchy knowledge about all of two. TOEFL can be only accepted by the USA,and IELTS can be accepted by the UK and other countries which used to belong to the UK. 

TOEFL can be only used in study abroad,and the IELTS can be used in immigrant. 

收起
  • 李文杰 2020-02-24

During the study of week 1 ,which I learn from the first week is which parts the TOEFL has.I search for some information on Wiki about TOEFL and IELTS.Then I find the fundamental difference between the two tests is that TOEFL is American English and it can be only accpetted by USA and IELTS is Britain English and  it could be acceptted by many countrise which ued belonged to Britain .In a word,IELTS may be more uesful for students who want to study in EU than TOEFL.

回复
  • 范晓婷 2020-02-24

I have learned the genaral information about TOEFL test in week 1. Also,I realized that learning English well is so important if we plan to futher study abroad or get a good job. There are some differences between IELTS and TOFEL.

First of all, IELTS is administered by the British council, the university of Cambridge examinations board and the Australian agency for international development in education while the TOEFL is administered by the American testing service.

Secondly, TOEFL is a internet-based test, but IELTS adopt a form that combine written examination and interview.

Finnaly, IELTS' total score is 9. However,TOEFL is 120.

回复
  • 祝春燕 2020-02-24

I have learned something about TOEFL. For example ,I know there are four sections of the test ,reading, listening, speaking and writing.It lasts for two hours and its whole score is 120.

From  the material I found, there are some differences between  TOEFL and  IELTS. First, the time of IELTS is longer than TOEFL. Second,the score of IELTS is 9. Second, The style of TOEFL is more suitable Chinese students. Third, if you want to be an immigrate,you are supposed  to choose IELTS. Fourth, TOEFL is fairer than others.  

回复
  • 伍渝凤 2020-02-24

In the first week of study,I've learned the general information about the TOEFL test including reading,speaking,listening and writing.what's more,a few university representives of the English language skills that are expected at universities around the world have been introduced,which do a great favour for me.Studying in another coutry offers a lot of new exciting experiences,which could broaden our horisens.

As for the difference between TOEFL and IELTS,IELTS is a Computer-Based Testing,TOEFL is a paper test.

收起
  • 吴语 2020-02-24

I have learned about some TOEFL fundamental rules.What's more. The test includes reading,speaking,listening and writing, it will take you approximate 3.50 hours to finish all the examination. Different from IELTS,TOEFL in the use of CBT. Moreover, the full mark of TOEFL is 120, and of IELTS is nine.

At the same time, I get many stimulant words from well-known public figures. What impress me most is that, a lady said,'having strong skills in English is going to enable you to become a part of the university community, and engage actively with your teachers.' Making yourself master of English, equal to exchange your views with all the world.

回复
  • 王文千 2020-02-24

Through the first week of study. I learnt about the regulation of TOFEL and knew how to prepare for the TOFEL test.

After searching the Internet. There are many differences between TOFEL and IELTS. For example,TOFEL is mainly applicable to study abroad applications in North America and Canada.IELTS is mainly applicable to application for study abroad in the Commonwealth. IELTS writing, listening and reading are all written tests. Oral tests are for real examiners. TOEFL uses computer to test all along.

回复
  • 陈泽锋 2020-02-24

I have leraned that if we want to go aborad ,we must learn English well, especially the IELTS and TOEFL,which are both attached much attention when we are applying for a certificate of going abroad or even get a job there.

After searching information from the internet,I find some difference between them.The IELTS mainly helps us get more abilities to live abroad better,so what it's looking at is about life and application more.However, TOEFL inspects points related to skills and nomativity more.But they are both more difficult than CET4 and CET6,therefofe,if we want to get access to go abroad,there are still many problems to be settled and much knowledge to learn.

回复
  • 江浩然 2020-02-24

I am not so certain about which test should I take, TOFEL or IELTS. But through this course, I finally understand that it depends on the school I choose. For me, I reckon that the for the reading part, TOFEL is more academic than IELTS, for the listening part it is the opposite. The speaking part differs in the object you speak to. In TOFEL you speak to an individual, but in IELTS you speak to a computer. In the writing part, it is difficult for test takers to get high score in IELTS tests, however in TOFEL tests it is relatively easier.

That’s all. Thank you for your reading from the bottom of my heart.

回复
  • 包佳杰 2020-02-24

emm....the first qeustion.I've learned something after the study of WEEK1. Firstly,I've learned there's some English test,which is undergoing all around the world,but not only in China.The TOEFL and the IELTS,which are both admitted in so many occasions and helpful for the opportunutiesof so many things like the admission of an university and so on. Secondly I know some basic rules of the test,the part of the test,the produce of the test,the retest of the test and the authority of the test because of it's fairness for evey test takers.

Then is the differences between the TOEFL and IELTS,actually so littel.I know that the TOELF is more inclined to American countries,while the IELTSis more accessable for British countries.

回复
  • 邢凯悦 2020-02-24

I have learnt that English skills is essential to us who wanted to study abroad and TOEFL is a valid,fair platform to demonstrate our ability

IELTS is hold by TBC ,CUCLES and IDA while TOEFL is hold by ETS.TOEFL do not have oral test, IELTS oral test is tested directly by the examiner

回复
  • 黄亦成 2020-02-24

In the first week of learning TOEFL, we learn what structs the test combined(including listening ,writing ,speaking,reading) and every  kind of questiones in the ways to test us. What's more ,it helps me to understand  why I need TOEFL and TOEFL is a  useful ways to help me to study abroad.

回复
  • 邓曼 2020-02-24

Through Week 1,I know something about the format of TOFEL.For example,TOFEL has 4 parts:reading、listenling、speaking、writing and it has 3 hours to answer all the questions.In this week,I also understand some rules in TOFEL.

Now,I want to share the difference between IELTS and TOFEL. At the first,TOFEL is mainly for the United States and IELTS is mainly for commomwealth countries.Secondly,the speaking part in TOFEL is "person and machine" and in IELTS is "person and person".Last,each TOFEL test lasts for about 4 hours,while IELTSabout 2 hours and 55 minutes.

回复
  • 辛锦秀 2020-02-24

I have learned something about the plans of this term,academic record's distribution and several important English examinations.But which touched me most was my poor CET-4 grades.I know I should try harder to catch up with my superior classmates.

Following is my perspective about the differences between TOEFL and IELTS.Firstly,their testing ways are totally different.TOEFL is computer examination while IELTS is written examination.In my opinion,written examination is more suitable for Chinese students.By the way,TOEFL oral test is speak to the examiner but IELTS oral test is speak to the computer.Secondly,their testing time is different.IEFLS costs 2 hours and 45 minutes while TOEFL costs 4 hours.Thirdly,their full marks is different.IELTS full marks is 9 points and more than 7 points is a good score.TOEFL full marks is 120 points and more than 100 points is outstanding.

That's all.Thank you.

回复
  • 徐开燕 2020-02-24

I've learned that TOFFL tests us comprehensively by testing from reading、listenling、speaking and writing.Besides,it also noted the importance of English skills and some techniques on how to read efficiently.

In terms of the differencce between TOFEL and IELTS,the time of TOFEL is about 3.5 hours while IELTSS is one more longer,and the TOFEL's recognition is wider than IELTS's.

回复
  • 2019115144周峻羽 2020-02-24

I have learned that passing TOEFL is of great importance to study abroad,but what matters most is the English skills itself.Therefoer what we should do is not focusing on how to get higher scores but pay attention to improving our English and make ourselves master of it.I have also some basic information of TOFEL,for example there are four sections in it —listening、reading 、speaking and writing.Moreover I have known how each section is composed and the scores of them.I have also learned the procedure of the content.

There're many differences between them.TOFEL is more close to our daily lives while IELTS is more academic in the listenling section.When it comes to reading,TOFEL is mostly about science and IELTS covers all kinds of topics.They‘re also different in speaking section,TOFEL requires its participants to speak with each other while IELTS requires you to talk with robot.

回复
  • 郭钰雯 2020-02-24

During reading the introductions about TOFEL, which impressed me most is the long testing time and the wideness of the topic range. One thing that I have to put all my heart into TOFEL learning if I want to apply for a foreign university is for sure.

As far as I am concerned, the prime difference is: IElTS often select topics involved in schools, hospitals, banks and stadiums, which are more likely to connect with our daily life. However, the TOFEL contains more in science, biology and sociology

The second difference is in the speaking part: In TOFEL test, you require to answer the questions that have been put into the web. On the coutrary, the real people you will face with in IELTS.

回复
  • 尹恒 2020-02-25

I have learned that TOEFL is a authoritative platform for non-English-speaking country, and its score has been recognized by many universities. After learning this course, I want to give it a try.

The first difference is that IELTS is held by The British Council, CUCLES, and IDP Education Australia, but TOEFL is given by ETS.

The second is IELTS is man-machine interaction, but TOEFL is man-man interaction when testing speaking.

The third is IELTS total score is 9,TOEFL iBT is 120.

回复
  • 万家泽 2020-02-25

During the study of the first week. i've learnd the difference between TOEFL and IELTS.I think TOEFL is widely used in many countries. I also know about what shall I prepare to take a TOEFL test.Including reading ,listening,speaking and writing.So I do have the interests to have a try ,but I know I stil have a long way to go.I hope I will improve these four skills a lot during the 8 weeks.I am confident enough.Besides,I have got a pretty host and many instructors.

I believe I will change a lot.

回复
  • 徐玲 2020-02-25

I have learned so many from week one . Because I haven't acqualntanced anything about TOEFL and IELTS . After learning these things , my enthusiasm for learning English is stronger .In my opinion , there are two  main differences between TOEFL and IELTS . Firstly , different countries apply to them . IELTS is mainly suitable for countries such as the Commonwealth and Australia, while TOEFL is suitable for countries in North America . Last but not least , their examination format . IELTS is a form of written examination and interview, and the oral part is directly communicated with the examiner face to face. TOEFL is a computer test mode, including listening, reading, writing, and even speaking.

回复
  • 刘艳艳 2020-02-25

TDEFL, formally known as "Test of English as a Foreign Language" was developed to measure the English language proficiency of non-native English language speakers wishing to enroll in USA.

1,TOEFL and IELTS are organised by different sponsors.

2,Their scopes of applications are different. TOEFL is mainly used for studying abroad. And most popular immigrant countries give priority to the IELTS score.

回复
  • 卢知夏 2020-02-25

TOFEL and IELTS have abviously differencess in the host countries, the key points of the test,the form of the test , and the form of the score,etc.TOFEL ia an American issue,which is based on American English,while IELTS authorities are mainly British and Austrian,and listening pronunciation should be internationanl.

回复
  • 李英卫2019111960 2020-02-25

I learned about the detailed process of the TOEFL exam and its importance.Toefl test slot stake is recognized by many countries.

The IELTS test is based on internationalization as the starting point, involving cultural geography and other aspects of knowledge to the United Kingdom and Australia in the majority. TOEFL is based on American English, the listening is entirely the standard American voice, but also has American idioms, slang, involving a large number of American history, culture, politics, geography and other aspects of the content.

回复
  • 刘梦轩 2020-02-25

Having finished the courses in Week1, I have learnt how a TOEFL® Test is organized and detail information about the four sections in TOEFL® Test. To be frank, it's definitely an opportunity to know some  technician term of an exam .

In my opinion, there are many differences between TOEFL and IELTS .The main differences will be listed below.

First, the content of IELTS is more academic, while the TOEFL is more related to life .

Second, TOEFL focuses on listening and speaking ,and  IELTS pays more attention to writing.

Third, the full mark of  TOEFL is 120 ,but the IELTS's  is 9.

收起

添加回复