课程特色

视频(43)
下载资料(42)
练习(12)
作业(24)
讨论(6)
考试(7)

By 张帅 2021-04-21 589次浏览 课时155

Richard: Daniel, are you free now? I think we need to talk.

Daniel: Of course.

Richard: Well, I just found out that the generic software version number contains three digits (for example, version 3.2.2). I don't quite understand what these three numbers mean.  So I wanted to ask you something.

Daniel: OK, let me answer for you. First, the first number, "major," is the major release number: a new release of software that has made a major functional change that is incompatible with the previous major release number. The advantage of this is that anyone can easily and quickly identify if the new version is different from the previous version.

Richard: Oh, yeah. What about the second one?

Daniel: The second minor is the minor version number, which is compatible with the previous minor version number. Strictly speaking, it cannot contain any major functional changes.

Richard: I see. And the last one?

Daniel: The third digit is patch, which is the version number, which is consistent with the previous version number. There are no new features, only improvements.

Richard: OK, I see what you mean. This is really a better way. In this way, it makes the content more readable.

Daniel: Is there anything else you don't understand?

Richard: No, thank you very much.

Daniel: You're welcome. If you have any questions, ask me.

1 所有答案

添加答案