湖北大学
助教

课程特色

视频(36)
考试(37)
讨论(3)

Most embarrassing or successful speech in your life

By 周红兵 老师 2018-09-07 1811次浏览

Please share the most embarrassing speech or the most successful speech you have made or you have listened to in your life before.Try to desrcible it in English. If not, you can also use Chinese to describle it.

13 回复

• 木南木 2018-09-10

When I was in grade 1, our English teacher asked us to share the funniest story we have heard. I prepared a really fun story, but as I was about to share it in front of everyone, I can't stop laughting!!!  Everyone looked astonished ...... and that was really embarrassed. 

回复
  • 王佳 2018-09-11

The most embarrassing experience was in junior high school when I was ordered to attend an English speech and read a poem on the stage. I haven't read it before I came on stage. I mix it up with Pinyin when I couldn't pronounce it, and pretended to be immersed in it. The judges were all looking at each other in silence. I was really embarrassed.

回复
  • 周红兵 老师 2018-09-11

@木南木 Very brave person. You have the talent to be a good publiv speaker.

回复
  • 周红兵 老师 2018-09-11

@王佳 So you see that preparation plays such a vital role in every field, especially in public speaking. 

回复
  • 启小小 2018-09-12

The most successful speech is unforgettable,and I had prepared it for a long time when I was a sophomore,speaking as much as I can before this competition begun,I got a good prize in the end.Where there is a will,there is a way.

回复
  • Judy 老师 2018-09-12

@启小小 Congratulations on winning! Preparation and practise do make a difference in public speaking!

回复
  • Maj_n 2018-09-12

My only English speech was in five or six grade at primary school, it was about introducing my hometown. That’s my first time to make a formal speech on the stage and I got the second place. I’m very happy that time. Later I saw many excellent speakers and I thought I’m not good enough then I missed many chances. Now I still love English very much, I want to learn more so that I can express myself more frequently and correctly at anytime. 

回复
  • 周红兵 老师 2018-09-12

@陶然 yes

回复
  • Icy 2018-09-18

When I was a  junior student,I became a presenter in the studio station of our school,and the teacher encouraged me to participate a speech competiton on safety of the primary and secondary students beteween whole ShunDe district.It was the first time to have a speech in a professional stage,even though it's an Chinese speech.

For this competition,I prepared 2 weeks,I started practising hardly in front of the mirror.I attempted to told myself it doesn't matter,I shouldn't be serious nervous.I believed I can do it.

But when the day came,I really stand on the stage,my legs were shaking all the time,even at the middle of my speech,I forgot my text content,and the audience  clapped their hands enthusiasm in order to relief my embarrassed.

Luckily,I remenbered what  should I speak eventually,although I haven't wen the prize,I was still grateful for this competition,at least,I got an opportunity to improve my ability of the speech in public.

回复
  • 周红兵 老师 2018-09-18

@Icy In order to be confident, as a speaker, you must bear some guidelines in mind. The fisrt one is "to be fully prepared". But do not rely too much on it. A good speaker is fully prepared, and a bad speaker is never prepared. However, a perfect speaker is half prepared,  since you need to adapt yourself according to your audience feedback. The second rule is "not to expect perfection." Nobody is perfect. If  you learn some from the speaking, this is great. The third is "to think positively". And the last one is to "acquire speaking experience as much as you can." Make public speaking a common thing in your life like breakfast. Your nerveousness will be reduced a lot if you put all those rule in pratice in your real life. Keep speaking, and growing.

回复
  • Icy 2018-09-18

@周红兵 Wow! Teacher Zhou,Thank you so much.Am.....

Sincerely,I never thought you will reply me like this.

A little touchedcheekyThank you

I will continue to study hard.smiley

回复
  • 周红兵 老师 2018-09-19

@Icy You deserve that. So keep in touch with me.

回复
  • 阿柴 2018-12-25

My most embarrassing speech is the one I made when I was a freshman. The topic of that speech is "your dream about your future ".It's totally uncomfortable.

Before that speech, I made a lot of preparation including writing the paper and revising it for many times, practicing it foe many times.And I think I could deliver my speech easily. It seemed that I was not afraid of it.

However, when I stood on the stage, all the judges, audiences were looking at me. My head was empty in a sudden. I totally forget my words. Also I felt my tongue was very dry, and I could not make a sound. Then I just said a few sentences before I left the stage. So you see, my first speech was a totally a failure. I was too nervous, too afraid of the stage. It's a great embarrassment. 

In my later studies, I overcome my nervousness bit by bit. Now even though I still couldn't relax myself totally, I improved a lot. Still couldn't forget my first failing speech, which taught me really a lot.

回复

添加回复