助教
助教

课程特色

视频(77)
练习(4)
考试(5)
作业(4)
下载资料(10)

What should I learn about English in college ?

By 赵嘉欣 2018-10-29 850次浏览

I’m a little confused what should I learn in the English class. It was about a month since I have been in Sisu. I have learned two passages and many new words. But I don’t think I gain useful skills. Grammars?Writing skills?or any other else?

教师的答案

• 苏晓俐 老师 2018-10-29

Hi, Siyuan!Confusion is a luxury which only the very, very young can possibly afford!

Useful skills cannot be acquired just by learning two passages and new words.

Also, do not regard the English skills seperately. Try to make English learning as a part of your life. Attend classes and participate in classroom activities actively, write English journals with the new words you learnt, or browse English websites whenever you want to search anything you want to know!

Make yourself soaked in an English environment, and you will feel more confident with your foreign language.

回复
  • Margaret 老师 2018-10-30

Hi Siyuan

A question for you to consider........

One needs to ask .....Why am I studying English?  What is my purpose?  Do I want to use English in the workplace and if so what kind of job can you imagine yourself doing in the future.  For example will you be an english teacher or work as a translator or interpreter in business maybe marketing or sales job?

Pronunciation, listening skills, writing and speaking skills are all important.  To be a fluent english speaker requires time and alot of practice.   English is a structured language so learning its structure and not just grammar is very important.   In my opinion focusing on basic language structure will be very helpful.  

What, When, How, Why are four very important components to a discussion or conversation.

回复

3 所有答案

• 苏晓俐 老师 2018-10-29

Hi, Siyuan!Confusion is a luxury which only the very, very young can possibly afford!

Useful skills cannot be acquired just by learning two passages and new words.

Also, do not regard the English skills seperately. Try to make English learning as a part of your life. Attend classes and participate in classroom activities actively, write English journals with the new words you learnt, or browse English websites whenever you want to search anything you want to know!

Make yourself soaked in an English environment, and you will feel more confident with your foreign language.

回复
  • Margaret 老师 2018-10-30

Hi Siyuan

A question for you to consider........

One needs to ask .....Why am I studying English?  What is my purpose?  Do I want to use English in the workplace and if so what kind of job can you imagine yourself doing in the future.  For example will you be an english teacher or work as a translator or interpreter in business maybe marketing or sales job?

Pronunciation, listening skills, writing and speaking skills are all important.  To be a fluent english speaker requires time and alot of practice.   English is a structured language so learning its structure and not just grammar is very important.   In my opinion focusing on basic language structure will be very helpful.  

What, When, How, Why are four very important components to a discussion or conversation.

回复
  • 杜青清 2019-01-02

Hi,Siyuan

Study English,you do need to use English with speakers who are not teachers of English.This isn't easy,since everyone feels constrained speaking English friends with whom it would be natural to use a shared mother tongue.Joining an English Club is a good idea and joining a club with an international membership where English is in use at least some of the time,is for many people,even better.If nothing like this is accessible,you might consider what would be involved in getting something going.

回复

添加答案