广西大学
讲师
广西大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(27)
考试(5)
下载资料(13)

Why is it important to read critically? (Unit1)

By 陈绮梅 老师 2020-02-24 8324次浏览

790 回复

• 黄春丽 2020-02-24

Critical reading lets us to develop the ability to think for ourselves, not blindly believe or deny what is in the book. It also makes us to think differently.

收起
    • 陈依梁 2020-02-26
      I agree. There is a saying“Every coin has two sides”, if we always blindly accept one point of them, then the world will be less innovation and equity .What is worse, you might even lose yourself.
    • 程阁 2020-02-27
      Reading critically is beneficial for us to think, and we can learn and understand the knowledge that we read.
    • 英语A64曹家梁 2020-02-27
      I think critical thinking can help us understand the nature and characteristics of things rationally, and critical reading can make us gain more in reading.
    • 陈灿 2020-02-27
      Reading critical is benefit to us,we can learn more things during reading critical and improve our reading skills.
    • 小黄油 2020-02-27
      Reading critically has the ability to make us understand articles more pluralistic,which helps to build up our world view.
    • 我也要说
      还有28条回复,点击查看

• 贾梅 2020-02-24

It helps improve the spirit and drive for innovation. In addition, it can help us develop the thinking ability, so that there is no lack of method in our way of thinking.

回复
  • 王洪基 2020-02-25

The opinions given in an article are not always correct. Critical reading helps us to correctly acquire knowledge and improve our ability to think.

回复
  • 魏智赟 2020-02-25

Using critical thinking to look at all things in the world is conducive to enriching the world outlook, and "criticizing" is   the  weapon of thinking.If we have the weapon to criticize, and reading will bring us a bigger harvest.

收起
    • 杨德龙 2020-02-25
      I agree because I find your analogy exceptionally appropriate."criticizing" is the weapon.Provided that you use it properly,you'll be full of energy.
    • 黄玉燕 2020-02-29
      I think critical reading is important whhen we read. It is good for us to know the author what he wants to express. In addition, critical reading can exercise our brains, and let us think about the topic more comprehensively.
    • 杨明鑫 2020-03-01
      回复 18894687315:I agree. There is a saying“Every coin has two sides”, if we always blindly accept one point of them, then the world will be less innovation and equity .What is worse, you might even lose yourself.
    • 尹秀萍 2020-03-02
      I’m conviced that if you learn Critical reading,you will lets yourself to develop the ability to think , not blindly believe or deny what is in the book. It also makes you to think differently.
    • alex 2020-05-21
      回复 13163595096:Reading critically is beneficial for us to think, and we can learn and understand the knowledge that we read.
    • 我也要说
      还有3条回复,点击查看

• 韦淇源 2020-02-25

Critical reading helps us to think about the progress and limitations of the author's ideas.It is not only helpful for us to challenge authority, but also to put forward our own opinions.What's more, critical reading is good for training our critical thinking. Let's move from understanding the text to thinking about life.

收起
    • 杨金兰 2020-02-28
      I agree because critical reading is a process of discovery, judgment and conclusion. It is a targeted reading of articles.
    • 杨明鑫 2020-03-01
      回复 18260807362:I agree. There is a saying“Every coin has two sides”, if we always blindly accept one point of them, then the world will be less innovation and equity .What is worse, you might even lose yourself.
    • 何子腾 2020-05-28
      回复 18260807362:The highest level of reading is to dialectically extract key information from reading, acquire wisdom of life, reflect on one's own life, and construct a meaningful form of existence.
    • 叶丽莎 2020-05-28
      It can help us develop the thinking ability, so that there is no lack of method in our way of thinking.
  • 廖新宇 2020-02-25

Critical thinking can help expand our thinking and increae the depth of learning

收起
    • 苏俊驰 2020-02-25
      I agree with because it is important to read and listen critically, and to come to your own conclusions.
    • 李柳璇 2020-02-29
      I agree with you,because critical reading gives us a more critical view of problems and divergent thinking.
    • 杨明鑫 2020-03-01
      回复 18878641841:I agree. There is a saying“Every coin has two sides”, if we always blindly accept one point of them, then the world will be less innovation and equity .What is worse, you might even lose yourself.
  • 夏庆华 2020-02-25

Critical reading allows us to get the information in the article more accurately and understand what the author wants to express.

收起
    • 徐烨晗 2020-03-01

yes

• 农岱东 2020-05-27
      cant agree more
    • 吴培宇 2020-05-28
      Critical reading is very helpful to one's thinking. At the same time, critical reading enables readers to quickly and objectively understand the meaning of the full text and judge whether the research results are objective or not.
  • 李家明 2020-02-25

Through readibg critically, students can not only improve their reading comprehension, but also effectively promote the development of listening, speaking, writing, translation and other aspects.

回复
  • 邹能武 2020-02-25

Critical reading opens the mind of the reader and helps the reader to better understand the article.

收起
    • 杨明鑫 2020-03-01
      I agree with you,because critical reading gives us a more critical view of problems and divergent thinking.
  • 张庆玲 2020-02-25

Because read critically can help us grasp the essence of article or other things and understand things more deeply, thus improving our ability to think independently.

收起
    • 徐明惠 2020-02-25
      I agree with you for the think independently. Independent thinking can promote progress of thinking and the development of the subject.
    • 庞威 2020-02-29
      Through the analysis of the characteristics of critical thinking itself, it can be understood that critical thinking is mainly to make a judgment on what to believe and what to do, which needs to be analyzed and evaluated. The analysis and evaluation of critical thinking need to be clear, accurate, relevant, in-depth, and strictly logical
    • 李颖薇 2020-03-03
      I agree with you very much. Critical reading enables us to find the highlights of the work, but also to know its shortcomings, so as to establish our own values and world view and effectively criticize the beauty and ugliness of good and evil
    • alex 2020-05-21
      agree with you,because critical reading gives us a more critical view of problems and divergent thinking.
    • 吴培宇 2020-05-28
      回复 18894673928:Critical reading is very helpful to one's thinking. At the same time, critical reading enables readers to quickly and objectively understand the meaning of the full text and judge whether the research results are objective or not.
  • 徐明惠 2020-02-25

Critical reading can lead to critical thinking. And critical reading allows us to think more comprehensively and understand the author's point of view, that is, to respect everyone's thoughts, so as to seek common ground while reserving difference.

收起
    • 毕景瞳 2020-02-25
      I agree with you,because critical thinking is also very important in human development.Only with good thinking can we take better actions to do things.Besides reading,we can also handle daily chores with ease.
    • 杨明鑫 2020-03-01
    • 张明霞 2020-03-24
      Critical reading means that we understand a question more carefully. when we are reading, we are also thinking. by this way, we would better know the author's view.
  • 罗煜辉 2020-02-25

Critical reading helps us to absorb the content selectively. In addition, it helps us to develop the habit of independent thinking.

回复
  • 毕景瞳 2020-02-25

Critical reading plays an important role in our daily study and life.I believe that the essence of reading is to use our own understanding and ways to read,to combine our subjective consciousness with objective text,to seek the balance of understanding,to read at a deeper level,to learn more knowledge.

收起
    • 冯飞云 2020-02-25
      I agree because this is what we are looking for in reading.
    • 学英语 2020-04-25
    • 刘妙清 2020-05-22
      I agree.Critical reading is objective and fair, which can cultivate our dialectical thinking and broaden the depth and breadth of thinking.
    • 韦静如 2020-05-27
      I agree with you, critical reading can heip us make objective suggestions.
  • 许珅华 2020-02-25

Critical reading can help us avoid misunderstandings,Developing a good critical thinking can help us better understand the author's point of view. A better understanding means that we can add our own views to the author's own point of view,I think critical reading is very important to us.

收起
    • 韦昕灵 2020-02-27
      I'm can't agree you any more! Critical spirit can make people absorb and innovate better in learning. It's really help us!
    • alex 2020-05-21
      I'm can't agree you any more! Critical spirit can make people absorb and innovate better in learning. It's really help us!
    • 吴培宇 2020-05-28
      Critical reading is very helpful to one's thinking. At the same time, critical reading enables readers to quickly and objectively understand the meaning of the full text and judge whether the research results are objective or not.
  • 刘婷 2020-02-25

Critical thinking refers to the ability to grasp essentials, be good at questioning and discriminating, and be based on strict inference, including interpretation, analysis, evaluation, inference, explanation, and self-regulation. It is a very precious quality to trace the source of problems and maintain the spirit of questioning, and this kind of thinking habit will benefit one's life.

收起
  • 农佳伟 2020-02-25

yeah,it is.Critical reading reflects your mind,it is meaningful.We can not just read for knowing what it is talking about,and should put up with our views.

收起
    • 张元晋 2020-02-25
      I agree with you because critical reading requires thinking and feeling as the author of the book you read in my opinion.So I finally think that critical reading is essential in reading.
  • 余伊麟 2020-02-25

Because critical reading enables us to learn distinguishing between important and non-important  information and enables us to grasp the key points of articles in as short a time as possible, thus improving the speed and efficiency of our reading. In addition, critical reading helps to cultivate our independent thiking and analytical ability.

回复
  • 梁苗苗 2020-02-25

Compared with reading information, we have to have a pair of eyes to distinguish and filter the information we receive. Therefore, it becomes necessary to have a critical way of thinking. When a writer puts forward a point, he can think about whether it is reasonable, useful to himself or not, whether there are other points of view, after we are familiar with this way of thinking, in the face of different things in the world, we can use a multi-deep thinking to structure, systematize and solve problems.

收起
  • 罗剑阳 2020-02-25

Critical readingis more helpful for us to understand the author's idears of writing articles,and to fully under stand the meaning of the passage.

收起
    • 韦培键 2020-02-25
      I agree with your idea.Critical readings let us think more and expand our knowledge.For the critical readings,it can help us look at things from a differentangie.
  • 岑龙飞 2020-02-25

I thank critical reading is very important.Because critical reading can provide more perspectives,which makes our vision wider.

收起
  • 罗旭 2020-02-25

Critical reading help us think more and develop own opinion

收起
    • alex 2020-05-21
      I thank critical reading is very important.Because critical reading can provide more perspectives,which makes our vision wider.
  • 冉黔芳 2020-02-25

Critical reading not only enables students to look at things in many aspects and extract the essence,but also promotes students to have a deeper understanding of the article and obtain more truth.

收起
  • 曾红晓 2020-02-25

Every coin has two sides. Reading likes a coin. When we reading we will incept lost things, some things right and some not. Reading critically is a key to open the door of truth.  In a fact, I think we not only need judgment in reading, but also get it in ourwhole  live. 

回复
  • 梁瑛 2020-02-25

Critical reading allows us to see things and think differently. On the basis of understanding the author's intention, we have our own understanding and views.

收起
    • 李颖薇 2020-03-03
      Critical reading can indeed improve students' ability to think in many aspects, so that we can better find the essence and truth of some things and have a better understanding of things.
    • 吴培宇 2020-05-28
    • 唐泰生 2020-05-28
      I think so
  • 钟涛 2020-02-25

In this era of inormationg explosion, we will read a lot of books but we won't know if those are right or wrong and this require us to read critically so that we can get useful information.

回复
  • 杨春和 2020-02-25

Critical reading can helps us to understand the text better and to understand what the author is trying to say.

回复
  • 汤丽怡 2020-02-25

As far as i am concerned,critical reading is not only an attitude of reading, but also an activity of thinking. Critical reading can make readers understand problems more deeply and it can also promote the readers to cultivate the habit of independent thinking. Therefore, reading critically is very important .

收起
    • 杨至兴 2020-02-27
      I agree because critical reading is the necessary ability of every academician,which contributes to thinking and improves our logic.
    • alex 2020-05-21
      回复 18798520501:Critical reading can indeed improve students' ability to think in many aspects, so that we can better find the essence and truth of some things and have a better understanding of things.
  • 陆爽爽 2020-02-25

Critical reading has a positive promoting effect on writing,because the habit of critical reading is formed when reading other people's articles.When students finish their own other articles,they will read their own articles critically,so that they can modify their articles accurately.

回复
  • 陈春伲 2020-02-25

An important way to  improve our writing skill. In this way, we will have a systematic writing konwledge system when writing articles. How to stucture, cite examples, make ideas seem connected and compelling. From a practicle point of view, criticle reading is helpful for writing.

回复
  • 王萍 2020-02-25

Critical reading is a process of constantly asking questions and obtaining different opinions in this way. It requires us to understand things objectively from different angles, so as to cultivate our ability to think objectively about everything, which is helpful for us to cultivate critical thinking.

回复

添加回复