视频(34)
下载资料(19)
图文(1)
文档(20)
讨论(7)
PPT(7)
考试(8)
作业(7)

Questions about clear division of good and bad in fairy tales.

By ueLing 2020-02-22 1280次浏览 课时26

Simply divede women into good and bad is definitely a wtereotypes; However, in modern society where fairy tales are for young children, I don't understand why it's harmful.  Because as children growing up, they will learn more complicated meaning about good and bad, for example, bad people may have pitiful reasons for doing bad things. The simple division don't seem to be a problem in the early age when children just start to learn the world. In fact, I wonder why the division is not necessary. In other words, providing a complicated yet "right" story for children may be too much.

In my opinion, the problem is the definition of good and bad rather than the clear division of them in fairy tales. And I can see many changes in films made by Desiny that many new princes characters begin to fight for themselves. 

教师的答案

• 王文丽 老师 2020-02-27

Yes, I agree a clear, unmistakable division between good and bad is important and even vital for kids at an early age, given that their ability of comprehending complicated issues is limited. But the fact is that when the old-typed stories such as Snow White were produced, they were not just intended for VERY YOUNG kids. In fact, it was popular among the general public, adults included, for it reflected and ALSO supported the common belief at the time that women should be just GOOD OR BAD, or PURE OR EVIL, etc. That's why these stories are attacked by feminists and subjected to revision.

Luckily, as you mentioned, modern Disney movies have changed a lot, and TRULY, people have started to reconsider what is good and what is bad for them, or, for our age. It is exactly the point of this course that children's literature is in constant change just as is the community, the culture that creates it. 

回复 (2)

3 所有答案

• 王文丽 老师 2020-02-27

Yes, I agree a clear, unmistakable division between good and bad is important and even vital for kids at an early age, given that their ability of comprehending complicated issues is limited. But the fact is that when the old-typed stories such as Snow White were produced, they were not just intended for VERY YOUNG kids. In fact, it was popular among the general public, adults included, for it reflected and ALSO supported the common belief at the time that women should be just GOOD OR BAD, or PURE OR EVIL, etc. That's why these stories are attacked by feminists and subjected to revision.

Luckily, as you mentioned, modern Disney movies have changed a lot, and TRULY, people have started to reconsider what is good and what is bad for them, or, for our age. It is exactly the point of this course that children's literature is in constant change just as is the community, the culture that creates it. 

收起

添加答案