南京师范大学中北学院
讲师
南京师范大学中北学院
讲师

课程特色

视频(50)
练习(41)
作业(8)

Unit 1 Another School Year—What For? Write an essay.

By 胡宜雯 老师 04-02 521次浏览

70 回复

• 82230210何欣妍 04-02

I don't agree with the author's unconscious denigration of vocational and technical education.Although they are different, they are equal.

The main difference between vocational education and university education is the positioning of the two.Vocational education is mainly oriented to the job market, focusing on skills training and technical application, and university education pursues academic research and comprehensive quality improvement.The essence of university is enlightenment, so that people learn to think independently, not stupidly.To despise vocational education is to make ourselves ignorant.Technical training is also a form of education, not just learning art and literature is education.

Education is for better creation, technological and ideological creation are all necessary factors for the progress of the times and the development of human civilization.University education makes the theory keep improving, while technical education keeps getting new knowledge in practice, each of which has its own duties and complements each other.

At present, vocational education is becoming more mature, and its role in human society should not be underestimated, but the inherent stereotypes make many people look down on vocational education, which greatly hinders the promotion of vocational education. 

The development of vocational education in China is precisely because vocational education is an important part of the national education system and human resources development, and bears the important responsibility of cultivating diverse talents, inheriting technical skills, and promoting employment and entrepreneurship.

The skilled workforce is an important force supporting Chinese manufacturing and Chinese creation.Cultivating high-quality personnel skills is the key to transform China from a manufacturing giant into a world manufacturing power.The cultivation of great country craftsmen is inseparable from both university education and vocational education.

回复
  • 82230216靳颖佳 04-02

I don't agree with the author that college education is superior to vocational training.The development of a society cannot be separated from labor. And labor is divided into manual labor and mental labor. Every job requires different people. Only when the two are combined can the society develop well.

College education is not superior to vocational training in some sense. Because from the current social situation, many college students are facing the awkward situation of career after graduation. On the contrary, some who have already come out to work with their craft do make a relatively good living. Although college students receive more humanities education than vocational training, they may still need to learn in terms of social practice and application.

But vocational people are not superior to college-educated people to a certain extent. Although they come out to work earlier, they are quicker to use their skills to support their families. However, in terms of ideological consciousness, they may not be as advanced as college-educated people, thinking more comprehensively. And without the support of certain theoretical knowledge, it is difficult for them to get a breakthrough.

Personally, I think college education and vocational training go hand in hand. Labor is the most basic factor in human development and the most important factor in social progress. From the national level, the popularization of basic education and the improvement of bottom construction will make a country more comprehensive development. From the personal point of view, while learning knowledge, we should also use it. Knowledge that is not applied is only talk in the end, and does not bring progress to individuals and society.

回复
  • 86230850邹镇怡 04-02

The value of education 

Whatever studying in pharmacy schools or colleges , I think it is equally important to educate students . The value of education is make everyone be educated and have their own prosperous future .

First ,I don't agree with the author when he seems to suggest that colleges are far superior . Each Person is a unique star . We Shouldn't be definited and evaluated by learning in college or others .      Also , in my opinion , training and education are different but equal .Students who study in pharmacy school can learn more professional skills and often conducts experiments . And pharmacy schools pay mone attention in one ' s action . However , college pay more attention in one ' s minds . When in college , we learn some major knowledges and liberal arts which can not only develop our practical skills , but also have our own critical thinking . Besides , both training and education are needed . With the development of science and technology , more and more workers , specializing in handling and designing engine , repairing machines and so on , are essential members in our society now . So in order to improve their mental worlds to follow the time , pharmacy schools proviole some courses which are similiar with liberal arts in college nowadays. 

Adentually,the value of education is not itself,but whether can teach one to live rather making a living. 

回复
  • 戚国珍 04-02

I disagree with the author's opinion. The author argues that universities are much superior to technical schools, and that students in universities receive better education than students in technical schools. In fact, the university education is more comprehensive than technical school education, but a person's development depends on their own. I have a friend who went to technical school, although I went to university, every time I communicated with him, I did not feel the difference between university education and technical school education as the author said. On the contrary, he didn't feel inferior, and I didn't feel superior. I think university and technical school are two different ways of education, but they are also equal.The author thinks that going to university and going to technical school is a matter of either good or bad , but this is a very one-sided view. We should give up the idea of discriminating against academic qualifications. Academic qualifications do not represent everything about a persona and it is just an experience that can be written on a blank sheet of paper. Up to now, no one will be starved to death because of insufficient education, only those who will not be prepared for danger in times of peace will be eliminated by society. I think the author's sarcastic tone of voice to express his anger about that ignorant student  is a normal reaction, but it was wrong that he took the opportunity to imply that the technical school's education was worse than university .The author's view was easy to mislead students into a discrimination against academic qualifications or a humble person. In fact, the author may also be discriminated against because of academic qualifications. There are people outside the mountain, what we need to do is to accept the present and not be satisfied with the present, strive to improve our professional level and ability, keep humble attitude towards a better future.   

回复
  • 82230131余子菡 04-02

I don’t agree with the author. I don’t think universities are superior to vocational schools. Vocational schools just focus more on the training of professional skills, not completely without spiritual and moral education. And I think those who go to vocational schools just have bad grades, it doesn’t mean they have moral problems. If there are more good books in university, the ideological and morals of university students are higher than that of vocational students, which is too superficial. If you could just read a book and get the thoughts of great men, then there would be countless philosophers and thinkers in the world. Some people read books in their heads, not in their hearts. Therefore, whether we can absorb the ideas of great people has nothing to do with where we go to school, it has to do with the degree of individual curiosity. Is it certain that university students can absorb the thoughts of great men? Do students in vocational schools only learn skills and nothing else?

When I graduated from high school, I went to college and some of my classmates went to vocational school. When we met again, they were still upbeat. We still have many common topics, such as Confucianism in the East, Marx and Engels in the West, and so on. Just like when we were in school. During the winter vacation, we played the Blue Danube together and revisited Shakespeare's Hamlet together. So I think as long as there is a desire to learn, no matter whether the university or vocational school can receive education, they are different but equal.

回复
  • 82230103陈曼妮 04-02

I don’t agree with the author’s opinion. I think that colleges are equal to technical schools and this is a both-and question.

In colleges,there is more theoretical education and less professional training.Of course,technical schools are the opposite.In technical schools,there is more professional training and less theoretical education.In many people’s view,colleges are superior to technical schools. But just as the saying goes,“you win some,you lose some”.When you are in a college,the advantage is that you expand knowledge.You have a deep understanding of your life.But the disadvantage of colleges is that you only learn theoretical knowledge well.So when you graduated the college,you may have to learn to start over professional training. When you are in technical schools, the advantage is that you have a high level of expertise for the relevant job.When you graduated,you can go to work instantly.But it is bad for them to be refused by large enterprises because of the educational requirements.So every education has their own value.From it,we can open up one's horizon and know how to be a man. No matter what kind of education we study, we can all benefit from it.

In this generation,finding a job is very difficult for college students.Because more and more enterprises need people with experience and professional skills.Therefore, no one is superior to the other.Remember that whatever exists has its own value.

回复
  • 82230117李念洋 04-02

I don′t agree with the author′s attitude.In my opinion,whatever technical school or college,they are both the places to develop someone′s ability,such as study,speech,collaborate with each other and so on.

In today′s society,there are still many people think like the author.Like,people in technical school just learn a skill and get ready to earn money at any time.In fact,this is totally a mistake.The students in technical school learn the same things as students in college and at the same time,they learn skills.From this point of view,they may better than someone who spends day after day in college.And some people may think,although they learn so many things,they can′t get good grades or behave well in the future.Just take me for example,from a high school that doesn′t care about the development of comprehensive quality,only about the grades.When I go to college,I need to learn many skills that others have mastered in high school.However,my friend who comes to college from technical school,can do many works in his department skillfully,just because,he was the vice president of student union in technical school.so,they must achieve training in technical school,but the training,not only learn skills to earn money,but the way to do things and shape own personality.

It turns out that in many cases, training and education need to be integrated, and there is no one higher or lower.We must achieve the training to prepare for a job and develop our mental and moral powers at the same time.And technical school and college are also equal.They are both the places where people are raised.

回复
  • 82230218 04-02

I don´t agree with his point.In my opinion,technical school and university can different and equal.

A technical school ,as its name suggests,is a school that teach students skills.Universities are more comprehensive schools than technical schools, mainly teaching students theoretical knowledge.I was born in Henan, a large province with a large population. Because of the large population, both the entrance examination and the college entrance examination are very difficult for Henan candidates.Henan has a new high school entrance examination system, commonly known as "five split", examinees if the results in the top 50 percent can be admitted to high school to continue studying to participate in the college entrance examination, admission to the university. Then the remaining 50 percent will go to technical schools to learn skills.I don´t think it discriminates against students who are good or bad at school. Students who go to university continue their academic knowledge, while students who go to technical schools learn skills. Theoretical talents and skilled talents are needed by the country, there is no distinction between high and low.People should respect education,not only can universities help people reach their dreams ,but also technical schools can reach people´s dreams.It´s just that the two are implemented differently.

Two different kinds of education teach students the ability to develop, the essence of education is to let people realize their own value, Universities and technical schools have achieved this at the same time, one through the use of their theoretical knowledge to achieve the value of life, one through their skills to achieve the value of life. The two are different and equal, no one is superior to anyone.

回复
  • 82230239赵自豪 04-02

Junior colleges usually refer to two-year community colleges or technical colleges that offer more practical courses than undergraduate universities and focus on vocational skills and vocational training. In some aspects, college education pays more attention to the cultivation of practical skills than undergraduate universities, and is more attention by employers in employment. The social view of college education is diversified, but they tend to be positive and positive evaluation. The practical skills and vocational training provided by tertiary education can help graduates better adapt to the needs of the labor market, and for some areas of vocational skills. If you want to pursue higher career achievement and academic research, specialized education can be better connected with the undergraduate degree or a higher level of degree education. Although, different people have different views and expectations of education. In my opinion, everyone needs what he needs, each person has different needs at different stages, whether junior college or undergraduate university are useful for our students, we go to different schools with different purposes to learn, whether skills or spirit, will have a certain harvest.

The value of education lies not only in learning knowledge, but also in cultivating people's thinking ability, innovation ability and social skills. In modern society, the importance of education is becoming more and more prominent, it is not only related to individual development, but also related to the development of the country and social progress. Education can help us acquire knowledge and broaden our horizons. Through learning, we can understand the development trend of the world, master the advanced knowledge of science and technology, and improve their comprehensive quality. Education can also cultivate our thinking ability, let us learn to think about problems, analyze problems and solve problems. This ability can not only help us to achieve good academic results, but also help us to better cope with various challenges in life.

回复
  • 82230105陈思远 04-02

I disagree with the author. It's a question of both.
    There is a sentence that strikes me, "If all the people in the world go to do academic research, then who will bake sweet cupcakes?" In other words, everyone is different, but everyone is equal.
    I admit that such things as art and literature have great influence and can shape a person's character and change his conduct. Learning knowledge is the obligation of every student, and learning can broaden their horizons and improve their moral cultivation.
    However, this is not a reason to deny junior college students.
    I remember Mr. Lu Xun wrote a very famous person-Kong Yiji. Kong Yiji is a kind man, but he is very pedantic. He thought he was lofty, so the scholar gown on his body became the shackles he could not break free from all his life. He believes in an old saying, "All things are inferior, but reading is superior." In contrast, today's college students are trapped by the social environment and find it difficult to find employment. In today's society, education has become a stepping stone, education has become a high platform for each scholar to get down, and has become a gown that each "Kong Yiji" can not take off.
    There is one point that I want to express most, whether it is a person who is immersed in research or a person who bakes cupcakes, everyone has the freedom to love life, and everyone chooses a different way of life. We don't need to judge others from different positions. In other words, people who bake cupcakes also have the right to study art and literature, and people who devote themselves to research also have to eat delicious cakes. The two are not in conflict, and I strongly disagree with the author's separation of the two, why not have both? We love life, and we can pursue everything we want!
    Last but not least, I hope everyone can bake their favorite cupcakes!

回复
  • 82230220刘晓慧 04-02

I don't agree with him, I think it can be both. Both vocational and undergraduate education have their importance and value, depending on personal interests, career goals, and academic abilities. Society needs various types of education to meet the needs of different fields, and both types of education play an important role in the entire education system. In my opinion, both vocational and undergraduate education have their importance and value, depending on personal interests, career goals, and academic abilities. Society needs various types of education to meet the needs of different fields, and both types of education play an important role in the entire education system. Vocational education has significant advantages. It focuses on the cultivation of practical skills and practical workability so that students can master a skill and enhance employability so that it is easier to find a stable job and obtain better career development opportunities. I have a friend who went to a vocational school, and his salary is no less than that of graduates from undergraduate schools. In my opinion, life can not read Shakespeare's books can go on, although spiritual wealth is very important the material aspect is also very important, If a person has a lot of knowledge and his spiritual level is very noble, but he is not hungry and warm every day, eventually, he will be defeated by the daily necessities of life, what is the use of reading those Shakespeare books? So whether it is vocational education or university education, the ultimate goal will still be related to making money. 

回复
  • 82230102曹思宇 04-02

I disagree with the author. I think technical schools and colleges should be on an equal footing,but there is still some prejudice against technical schools in this society.In high school, especially in the third year of high school, teachers always tell us: "to study hard and try to get into a good university." In practice exams, students who were predicted to be likely to enter a technical school were called to talk to the grade department each time.Some parents will also think that attending a technical school is very unproductive.

Technical schools are highly targeted,allowing students to concentrate on certain types of vocational skills.The model of combining theory and practice has trained students with a solid foundation, which is in line with the needs of market talents.College is to let an immature mind become mature, let a shallow person become meaningful, and become a person with temperature, understanding of taste and thinking.

What is the value of education, not those boring books, but those souls who pursue creation.Education should be able to produce confident, brave, mentally strong, loving, able to think independently and have a certain depth of people, not exam machines.The value of education is the prosperity of life and the awakening of the soul.

收起
  • 82230121万志青 04-02

Actually, I dont agree with the author when he seems to suggest that one is superior to the other.

Education is of great significance and value. It allows us to think critically, adapt to a changing world, and make wise decisions. It also teaches us some essential skills, such as communication, teamwork, and leadership.

In my opinion, both technical schools and colleges have their unique roles and importance. Technical schools equip students with practical skills, preparing them for specific careers. Colleges, on the other hand, offer students a well-rounded education and a good learning atmosphere, which is helpful for them to foster critical thinking and creativity. They differ in content and forms, but they are equal.

Taking my brother and me for example. My brother is not interested in book knowledge, so after graduating from junior high school, he entered a technical school to study his favourite auto repair major. And I have always been studying. When encountering problems, I pay more attention to finding answers from books or divergent thinking based on the knowledge I have learned, while he is hands-on and always achieves success through continuous experimentation. Thus it can be seen, education is not about one being superior to the other. Rather, it is about providing diverse ways for individuals to stimulate their potential.

In conclusion, I think education is a "both-and" concept. Both technical schools and colleges offer their own value, and together they shape a diverse educational environment.

回复
  • 82230224汪媛 04-03

I don't entirely agree with the author's opinion.We go to university to learn professional knowledge we need.For example,the literature,the law,the language and so on.At the same time,some people are learning professional skills in the training school.These are all useful pursuits for us.However,if I just study knowledge but don't know how to apply it in literal time,then it's meaningless.That is to say,skills are as important as knowledge.Universities and technical schools have equal status.Thus,I think we can't say that one is superior to the other.All in all,education is essential for the promotion of human development,both college education and vocational education.They are indispensable and complement each other,showing the value of education together.

回复
  • 82230228吴明珠 04-03

I do not agree with the author's point of view, vocational education and college education teach students different content, but the status is equal. There is no such thing as vocational education being inferior to college education, they are no better or worse.

Vocational education not only teaches students to learn various skills, but also offers some courses such as English and Chinese. University education pays more attention to students' knowledge and academic research.

However, whether it is vocational education or university education, the fundamental purpose is to train talents and contribute to the development and prosperity of the motherland. Students in vocational schools do not have to feel inferior because of their status, and college students should not feel higher than others.

回复
  • 82230204程玉吉 04-03

I disagree the teacher's view that college education is superior to technical education.I am of point that it is equal important to the development of students.

First of all,in my view, vacational school and college have the same goal that everyone can realize the value of life to promote the development of society.But only the different ways.The former places emphasis on the intellection ,the latter stresses the professional skills.Everyone is special,there are two different choices to develop.

Secondly,I think the professional skills and the development of mental and powers don't separate ,they should be interpenetrating.The key is that how you to do in your school life ,whether the technical school or college.Take example around me,I have two old sisters.The one went to a good college,another went to vacational school.The first one likes reading,and study the English Major.finally she become a English teacher.the second have a good command with speaking to someonebody,and learn much professional skills.Meanwhile she also improve her mental and powers by her work_hard.Finally she also be a Chinese teacher.

Therefore,it's equal between colleges and technical school.

回复
  • 82230217李可佳 04-03

I disagree with the author.

I think technical training and knowledge education are indispensable. First of all, learning a skill has an absolute advantage in the future career choice, but knowledge education involves the spiritual aspect of human beings, including: cultural cultivation, value cultivation, moral quality and so on. Uneducated people are like cold machines, and the requirements of modern society for human development are not only the use of machines, but the cultivation of thinking, self-cultivation and quality of all-round development of talents.

Moreover, the level of education largely determines a person's height and vision. As far as I am concerned, when I was in high school, most of my classmates did not go to college in the end, most of them chose to enter technical schools or drop out to work, it is obvious that they did not realize the importance of education, so they had no motivation to learn knowledge. But I always believe that only education can get us out of our comfort zone, to a richer world, to meet better people, to have more purpose and upward motivation.

回复
  • 82230234袁晗菲 04-03

Looking back on my middle school experience, the teachers always emphasized the importance of attending a university, as a bachelor's degree is superior to a vocational education. Therefore, I initially had a superior impression of university education. However, a thorough evaluation should be made after careful analysis. I will compare the two in several aspects.

Firstly, the entry barrier. In Chinese education, vocational education is often the choice for students with lower college entrance examination scores, or for those who attend secondary vocational and technical colleges or vocational high schools. Meanwhile, university education usually has a higher threshold, attracting students with slightly higher examination scores.

Secondly, the cultivation goal. Vocational education primarily cultivates technical and managerial talents who possess both university-level professional knowledge and advanced skills, enabling them to provide technical guidance and apply design concepts or management ideas. University education, on the other hand, mainly cultivates research and exploration talents as well as design talents. Furthermore, vocational education focuses more on training students who can directly enter the workforce upon graduation, while university graduates usually require a longer internship period.

Lastly, the teacher function. University educators are required to have comprehensive teaching means and professional knowledge, primarily engaging in theoretical teaching. In contrast, vocational education teachers' requirements emphasize the "double teacher type"; they must not only impart theoretical knowledge to students but also guide them in practical learning.

From the above analysis, it appears that vocational education is more comprehensive, emphasizing both theory and practice. Nevertheless, due to the influence of societal perceptions and personal cognition, the benefits of vocational education may be underestimated. In my opinion, a university education that is structured rigorously according to the internal logic of the subject's body of knowledge is more valuable.

回复
  • 82230209何敏 04-04

I don't agree with the author. I think the two can be both different and equal. 

First, universities and vocational schools differ in their educational goals. Universities usually focus more on developing students 'academic ability, critical thinking and research skills, while vocational schools focus more on developing students' professional skills and practical skills. Such different educational goals are determined by their    respective positioning and mission, and they are also in line with the needs of the society. 

Secondly, universities and vocational schools also differ in their curriculum setting and teaching methods. College courses usually cover a wider range of subjects, focusing on theoretical depth and scholarship, while vocational school courses are more practical and specific, focusing on skill operation and practical application. This difference is also determined by their respective educational goals and student needs.     

At the same time, we should also respect and recognize their differences and contributions, and provide them with an equal development environment and policy support.

Thus, universities and vocational schools can be both different and equal. On the basis of their respective positioning and missions, they should give full play to their respective advantages and characteristics, and cultivate diversified talents for the society. At the same time, we should also respect and recognize their differences and contributions, and provide them with an equal development environment and policy support.

回复
  • 82230206郭明园 04-04

I don't agree with the author,I don‘t think the college education is superior to vocation training.

College education and vocational and technical education can be equal. They have different focusses on students' education, so they teach in different directions. The colleges courses mainly want to improve the comprehensive quality of students and lay the foundation for their future development. Vocational and technical education is mainly to cultivate students' employability and impart knowledge of students' employment. The focus and direction of the two are different, and there is no such thing as who is superior to who.

This society needs a variety of working groups, both skilled workers and knowledgable workers, who add bricks and tiles to all walks of life. The development of vocational education is also an indispensable part of society. The development of our society is inseparable from labour, and labour-oriented workers come from vocational education.

Both are very important. The combination of the two has led to the current developing society. They are constantly promoting common progress. Vocational and technical education can teach students basic knowledge, while college education can teach students more general knowledge. They can grow and develop together. The development of society is inseparable from the development of all walks of life, so the two are equal, and there is no superiority.

回复
  • 82230408范秀瑶 04-04

The value of education.

From my point of view, there is no distinguished between vocational education and university education. To a certain extent, the relationship between the two is complementary and equal.

In the deep-rooted prejudices of the current society, vocational education seems to be naturally lower than college education. In fact, it is not the case. There is no difference between the two. We should understand that vocational education and university education are two different types of education, each with its own advantages.

In terms of educational resources and cooperation, vocational education usually maintains close contact with enterprises and industries, and provides students with practical opportunities and vocational skills training through school-enterprise cooperation and engineering integration. University education, on the other hand, pays more attention to cooperation with universities, scientific research institutions and enterprises at home and abroad. Through resource sharing and collaborative innovation, it improves the quality of education and scientific research, and provides students with a broader academic vision and practical platform.

We should be clear that vocational education can also help students master practical skills and meet market demand. We should look at vocational education objectively and not underestimate its value. It emphasises practical ability to help students stand out in the workplace. Vocational education is very important for future development, which can promote personal professional progress and give students with relatively poor exam results the possibility of the future. The superiority of university education cannot be emphasised one-sidedly.

To sum up, there are differences and characteristics between vocational education and university education in many aspects. Vocational education pays attention to the cultivation of practical skills and rapid employment, while university education pays more attention to the systematic and deep cultivation of knowledge, as well as the comprehensive quality and innovative ability of students. The two have their own advantages and should be preserved according to personal interests, career planning and social development needs.Therefore, there is no so-called superiority of the author.

收起
    • 胡宜雯 老师 04-13
      Good points! Your arguments are persuasive. But pay attention to "to cooperation with", instead, it's "to cooperate with".
  • 82230128杨丹妮 04-04

I disagree with the author. I think technical school and college are different but equal.Both are to cultivate and improve people's ability and cultural and technical level, both belong to intellectual development activities.  Vocational education aims at directly training and improving workers' vocational skills, which has strong pertinence and professionalism.  The general education aims at improving the basic cultural level of the educatees, which has basics and universality.

In recent years, the vocational gap has become larger and larger, and vocational education has received more and more attention from the society. The "National Vocational Education Reform Implementation Plan" has also proposed that vocational education and general education are two different types of education and have the same important status. However, the stereotype of academic qualifications makes many people still have deep-rooted discrimination against vocational education. In my opinion, academic degree is not the only evaluation criterion, but a way to reflect a person's diligence and learning ability.

Although in the field of education in our country, the students of technical schools are generally a group of people who are blocked by the high threshold of universities, but they will also be appreciated by some enterprises with this demand because of their professional practice technology in the future.

Despite the discrimination against vocational education, I have always expressed my sincere respect and support for those students who are striving to improve themselves in technical schools.

回复
  • 82230442许文彬 04-04

I don't agree with the author that college education is better than vocational training. The development of society can not be separated from mental work, nor can it be separated from manual work. For every position, every job needs different people. Sometimes the combination of the two can make the society develop better.

Vocational training schools focus on cultivating students' professional ability. In vocational schools, students can learn more skills needed in life and can learn many useful things, but they often lack spiritual development and sometimes have low quality.

University education schools focus on cultivating students' mental work and spiritual literacy. Students studying in universities can learn a lot about the development of history or spiritual connotation, etc. But they may often lack a hands-on ability, and sometimes they lack the courage to do it when facing some problems, and what they are good at is often related to brain development.

There is no distinction between the two, only the combination of the two together, in order to cultivate more to meet the needs of society, if the status of university education and belittling the status of vocational training, will make students lack of ability in one aspect.

Therefore, I think vocational training and university education should be combined to cultivate talents who meet the needs of society and cultivate students' mental and physical strength.

回复
  • 82230437夏周宇 04-04

Education and Training

I don't agree with that.For many students in China,it's life's first priority to win the Final college entrance examination which determines the future of lifetime.However, It doesn't mean our lives are broken if we are admitted to technical school instead of a university.What I wanna say is,both are essential components of a well-rounded individual,and neither should be considered as a superior one.They are different but equal indeed.

Actually,There are education on moral,intellectual or social level in today's school whatever technical schools or universities.In the technical schools,we still need to learn it and not just to learn the technical skills.The difference between the two is that the technical school students may not have the academic qualififations'advantage while comparing with college students when looking for jobs.The difference in education is only reflected in the style of study or the quality of teachers and the concept of education is immutable.Many student's thought that what we put effort into is all for finding a job is not healthy.We need promotion on literature or on what anything else that we are interested in because it can truly enhance our thoughts and broaden our horizons.The critical thinking,the problem-solving skills and communication skills that we gained from them will be invaluable in both our work life and personal life.

The value of education is always to enable us to live the life we want in the future.Most of the time,we must have both "cultural education" and "vocational education"equipped with at the same time to face the complex challenges of the modern world.

回复
  • 82230525闵杰 04-04

I don't agree with the author that college education is superior to vocational training.The development of a society cannot be separated from labor. And labor is divided into manual labor and mental labor. Every job requires different people. Only when the two are combined can the society develop well.

College education is not superior to vocational training in some sense. Because from the current social situation, many college students are facing the awkward situation of career after graduation. On the contrary, some who have already come out to work with their craft do make a relatively good living. Although college students receive more humanities education than vocational training, they may still need to learn in terms of social practice and application.

But vocational people are not superior to college-educated people to a certain extent. Although they come out to work earlier, they are quicker to use their skills to support their families. However, in terms of ideological consciousness, they may not be as advanced as college-educated people, thinking more comprehensively. And without the support of certain theoretical knowledge, it is difficult for them to get a breakthrough.

All in all,We should all study hard, strive to increase our talents in the precious four years of college, strengthen our academic and ideological spirit, and let our youth bloom with gorgeous brilliance

回复
  • 82230140郑欣悦 04-05

I don’t agree the author’s opinion that he said that one is superior to the other.They can be different but equal.This can be both-and question.

Students in the technical schools learn only some skills to work or make a living.But it doesn’t mean that they don’t need to,on other hands,have no rights to know art,literature and so on.Students in the colleges mostly learn some art,literature and some things that can improve themselves and have a sight in humanity.Everyone in the technical schools or colleges have their common purposes:to live in the world.Whether to learn some art or literature or only to learn some technique and skills,are their means to live.The only difference is their cognition of the world.A man who read a lot of books will see more in the world.Books can broaden their horizons,lead them to more remote places to experience different culture and custom.They think these can fill their hearts and souls.A man in the technical schools learn some skills such as how to fix broken cars,how to make some delicious desserts,how to make some furniture and so on.Although they are inferior in art and literature,they are superior to those who are in colleges in hands-on aspects.Everyone has his or her strengths.Everyone who can live with his or her own ability,that’s enough.

I have many friends,some went to prestigious schools,the other went to technical schools.Now I often see them in my friend circle.They all have their life,whether in colleges or in technical schools,they can live by themselves.That’s an important point in our life,to live by ourselves.

So,i don’t think students in colleges are superior to those in technical schools.In their lives they can choose how to live ,how to study,how to face the world.They are equal but they can be different,that’s their rights.All in all,this can be both-and question.

回复
  • 82230408范秀瑶 04-05

In my opinion,it isn't an ideal ending.In addition,also a HE.

After the wife walked into the bathroom, the husband stood outside the door. After thinking for a long time, the bits and pieces of the past 30 years came to his mind, and tears were slapping in his eyes. He gradually realised that marriage with his wife had nothing to do with race. Only when they truly loved each other could they enter the palace of marriage. Even though his wife was white at the beginning, he would not marry her if she did not attract her inner personalities. After the thoughtful consideration, the husband calmed down and said gently to his wife:"Honey, I have thought about it seriously. I apologise to you for my previous irrational answer. It's because I don't treat the problem deeply and comprehensively. I hope you can give me ten minutes after taking a shower. I want to have a good talk with you about my current thoughts. Sorry for the trouble!"Without his wife's reply to him. The husband took this as a default.

Soon, the wife pretended to be indifferent and walked into the bedroom from the bathroom. Husband hurriedly explained that their 30-year marriage has long transcended race. Love is love, regardless of borders or race. The previous words were the irrational answers he made under the circumstances at that time. After his thinking, in his opinion, a good love should not be linked to race, but the soul of two people. The inside is higher than the outside. Black people also have their beautiful qualities, interesting souls, and beautiful appearance. He should not have the slightest idea of racial prejudice. Back to that question, now he will definitely say yes. This is his real answer, the last answer, the eternal answer.

After listening to her husband's words, the wife was quite touched, and her eyes turned red. The wife was gradually moved by the husband's true answer. She also felt guilty for her irrational questioning. The wife believed that their marriage was free from racial interference. At that moment, they understood each other, and the husband stretched out his arms and held his sensitive wife in his arms. Said softly, I love you honey,I swear I will always be yes!

回复
  • 刘皓82230418 04-05

I do not agree with the author, I believe that universities and technical schools are on an equal footing, and no one is superior to the other. 

Universities and technical schools are both places where the country trains talents. Technical schools may be more focused on the development of students' technology, but it will also allow students to study art and literature, with the aim of making students develop morally, intellectually, aesthetically, and physically, and technical schools are also aimed at promoting the country's economic development and improving people's scientific literacy.

Regarding the difference between training and education, I believe that education is not only about learning to develop o ne's intellectual and moral abilities, it is also the key to promoting the allround development of students. University is the ultimate destination forevery student, not only to teach students theoretical knowledge, but also to guide students how to put it into practice. I think we can use a "comparison" to offset more than ten years of hard work of a student. From the student's point of view, both universities and technical schools are the result of students' hard work, and from the perspective of the country, universities and technical schools are both places for the cultivation of talents. 

In general, I believe that universities and technical schools are equal and complement each other.

回复
  • 82230507翟瞳 04-05

I don’t agree with the author’s opinion about the college is more superior than the technical school because I think they are exactly the same and epually important to the students.

First of all,college and technical school has the absolutly different students that means their porpuers of teaching is different.The college teaches students the further konwledges about what they learned before and let them know the society.And the technical school teaches the students about how to survive in this society.They will teach them some skills to let them get into the society.So the two types of school teaches different things and what they teach is the same important for us.

What’s more,the society needs both the technical students and the college students.The technical students can use their skills to improve the real economy such as the factory and the highway.And the college students can do the other thing such as the law and the politics.SO actually,the two types of students all very important to the society.Both of them can push the society go further.

There is no college is superior than the technical school.You should put yourself in their shoes and ues different views to treat this thing.College students may hard to find a job but technical student may can not make big money or have more knowledge.So the two both have good points and bad points.

So I don’t agree with the author.

回复
  • 赵娜 04-05

I think his view is too onesided. Although students need some theoretical knowledge to study, for example, students in vocational schools have a clear purpose of going to school is to get a job by learning some technologies. Their work does not need these literary things. They just need to learn a professional skill. Maybe studying literature will make them more extensive, but I don't think this is necessary. If it is a university, college students need to develop in an allround way. The more they learn, the more beneficial it is to their future development. Whether it is training or study, it is to make themselves survive by learning some knowledge. When people's material conditions are satisfied, they will naturally want to pursue spiritual conditions. The significance of education is to teach students to be human beings first. If teachers are discriminated against, the students who teach them also feel superior. In class, we also learned that foreign labor is very expensive. No one knows who will develop better in vocational schools and universities in the future. We should not think that those who do not study literature will not develop well. Of course, it will be better if we can give some learning during training, but we should use students to accept it. It is also very important to let them take the initiative to learn and respect students. In college, they must have their own opinions. If they can fall in love with literature in some good ways, the teacher of the article gives me a sense of superiority. Although the student's attitude is not very good, it can only be said that it is all wrong. Finally, I think the significance of education is to cultivate useful people for the country. No matter which aspect, everyone has what they are good at and what they are not good at. As long as they can make a little contribution to what they are good at, education is meaningful.

回复

添加回复