南京师范大学
讲师
南京师范大学
讲师

课程特色

视频(33)
作业(8)
考试(1)

If you were Neil, how would you resolve the conflict between dream and reality? (Dead Poets Society)

By 姚望 老师 2022-09-05 1355次浏览

If you were Neil, how would you resolve the conflict between dream and reality?

23 回复

• Ashly 2022-09-05

I will try all the means to solve the conflict except committing suicide.

回复
  • 孙苗苗 2022-09-06

I'll try my best to realize my dream and solve the conflict.No matter what happens,I will never give up.

收起
  • 05210318杭毓晔 2022-09-29

I will follow my heart and stick to my dream. I will try to communicate with my parents and try to persuade them.  I will use my pratical behaviour to prove that I am not just telling jokes and I am meant to it. I will invite them to watch my show, even if they may be angry about it. But I must show my determination to them. What's more, I will try to seek support from my friends and other relatives, leting them to persuade my parents again.

回复
  • 05210302孔文琦 2022-09-30

I'll think more about the relationship between my dream and reality.After the final decision,I will adhere to my dream and puesue it.What's more,I will endeavor to improve the current situation!

回复
  • 05210522栾亦敏 2022-10-01

No matter waht happends, I think I will always stick to my dream and do my best to realize it. And I think I am the one that can decide my life. But before I can realize my dream, I think I will talk to my parents, hoping that they can understand me and getting some advice from them. If I were Neil, I may get my degree first and then pursue my dreams.

回复
  • 05210214李楠 2022-10-03

I will have a conversation with Dad and express my true feelings about my dream. The compulsion and expectation from elders should not stop me from pursuing my dreams and freedom. But, if the confilct between dream and reality is unavoidable, I will chase my dream when I am still young and not afraid of mistakes.

回复
  • 05210309朱迪 2022-10-10

I will have in-depth communication with my parents and try my best to pursuade them to agree with me. If it doesn't work, I will not give up my dream or life for certain. We must live first, to achieve the possibility of dreams. Chances exist in every moment and every place, not just the present.

回复
  • 05210423葛欣然 2022-10-10

I will take Mr. Keating’s advice. I will show my parents who I am and what my heart is even though I am aware that my father’s frustrating answer is waiting for me. But the bond of understanding will not be built without communication. I will speak heartfully and steadily about my passion for acting, which constitute mostly my love for the world. If my father threatens me with mandatory military school, then I shall argue with him about the true purpose of education and the meaning of life that I pursue. It is possible for me to stand in his shoes but by no means will I give up my dream. What’s more, I will devote more energy to acting, bringing my reality closer to my dreams. I will bear in heart that dream derives from harsh reality. Continuous efforts give me hope for perseverance.

回复
  • 05210406冯钰雯 2022-10-13

When my father asked me what I felt, I would express my true feelings and tremendous enthusiasm for acting to my father with rage rather than just say nothing. Though it was likely to be in vain, it was still necessary and significant to break the chain of playing the part of the dutiful son constantly. Even if I couldn't change the fact that I was enrolled in the military school, there were still quantities of opportunities to act, be it in school or in society. I still had the freedom to organize my time and energy to express my intense dissatisfaction clearly. "Actions speak louder than words." I would use my actions to demonstrate my determination and passion. Because if I know what I am really passionate about, exerting my limited life to pursue it with gusto is worthwhile in any case.

回复
  • 05210425韩好 2022-10-19

I would continue to chase my own pursuit, but I will not take such impulsive actions. To me, life itself is what everything based on, to commit suicide means to give up the chance to pursue my dream, which is what I will definitely not do. So the challenge became using my own intelligence to strike a balanced way for both myself and my father. Just like what was wrote on the cover of the book Everything I Never Told You by Celeste Ng, “Our lives are dedicated to getting rid of others’ expectations. To find ourselves as true ourselves.” I take two items in this sentence of key importance. The first is “getting rid of others’ expectations”. I will live to pursue my dream. I will still act in the play, but also inform my father in a casual way in advance. For example, pretend to be submissive to make him convinced that it is just a way of relaxing myself from schoolwork and I will never regard acting as my main business. Secondly, “to find ourselves as true ourselves”. I, Neil, lives for myself and not for others. I shall never commit suicide as I have my own dream to pursue. To live is to have a chance. My life is far from over, and it is too colorful to let me give it up. 

收起
  • 05210515陈张熔婧 2022-10-19

Faced with the conflict between dream and reality, I'll try my best to change the reality to persue my dream. That is to say, if I were Neil, I would have a deep communication with my parents and clarify what I think. I would try my best to persuade them instead of taking the impulsive action. To commit a suicide is to escape from the reality. And it's a sign of weakness. So I will face the reality and meanwhile chase after my dream.

回复
  • 05210323黄丁洁 2022-10-21

I think if I was Neil, I would choose my dream even there were lots of diffculities in my way. I would tell what I thought bravely to parents. If they still stopped me from following my dream, I would try my best to show them that they were wrong.

回复
  • 05210402韦楠 2022-10-29

I would follow the way that my parents paved for me. There are two benefits of doing this. First, this kind of action is a signal of my obedience to my father and meets his mentality need of being the authority. The father had talked with his friends and promised that his son wouldn't play the role. Should I follow my heart for the time, then it would hurt my father's authority. As a result, I would lose the chance of playing the role forever. Second, simply by talking with my father, I think it's useless to make him change the idea so soon or fast. What I need to do is try to persuade my father gradually as the time passes by. As a mature person, I think I need to come up with a way to balance my own desire and my parents' hope and that's achievable. That's my opinion.

回复
  • 李文轩 2022-11-10

The final problem to be solved between reality and ideal is how to move from the present reality to the future reality. Then, you should rush into the road of reality first, and only practice on the road of reality to obtain the necessary exercise, supplies, skills and techniques; After making good preparations and knowing yourself better, you are looking for the intersection of the two roads, and you will go farther on the road of reality

回复
  • 05210414周子楚 2022-11-15

If I were Neil, I would not risk giving up my life to escape my father's control and the pain of not pursuing my dream, because committing suicide means I have completely lost the qualification to pursue my dream. It is reckless for me, my family and even the dream I’ve tried so hard to pursue. I would first try my best to persuade my father, explaining how important my dream was to me, and seeking his understanding and support. If my father continues to disapprove and hinder me, I will obediently follow his orders on the surface, allay his concerns with my stellar academic record, and carry on with my dream as a hobby. After I have the ability to live independently, I will pursue it with all my energy. I can only think of such a delicate balance between dream and reality, anyway, committing suicide is always the worst way to take.

回复
  • 05210507宋奕 2022-11-21

If I were Neil, I would choose to stick to my dream and never change my original intention easily. China's famous female writer,  also one of my favorite writers, Sanmao once had such a sentence: "Dreams can be hype,but ideal is what we create as we walk down muddy paths step by step." I am a young man,  a person with great vitality and creativity. When I encounter difficulties in reality and my parents' obstacles, I would rationally think about whether there was any irrationality in my dream. After all, there's no denying that my parents have experience and judgment that I don't. If not, if I can be sure that the dream to which I am willing to devote so much energy is worth it, I will go ahead and never change my ambition, no matter what happens. And I believe I will eventually prove that my parents made the wrong judgment

回复
  • 05210322顾天宇 2022-11-22

There is no doubt that I will continue to chase my own dream, but at the same time I will try my best to sovle the conflict between my dream and the reality.

回复
  • 05210506许言浩 2022-11-22

If I were Neil, firstly I will have a talk with my parents. I will try my best to show them that how well I can perform in the play, how well I can balance my hobbies with my study and how well I can become myself in my own way. Even though I can’t get their 100 percent approval, I will not surrender to the reality. No matter what happens in the future, I will never give up my dream, for I believe that my dream would become the reality one day.  

回复
  • 05210516罗子墨 2022-12-03

First, I will try my best to express my enthusiasm towards my dream of acting, and project my distinct future development.One kind is pursuing my dream, living happily and performing my task outstandingly, the other is following their instructions, and end up being an odd and desperate man waiting for death. Then, if it is definitely impossible to obtain my parents'approval, I would never give up.  

回复
  • 05210520徐天怡 2022-12-13

One one hand, I definitely wont't stop pursuing my dream to act on stage. On the other hand,I will try my best to shatter my father's deep-rooted stereotypes. As long as a child is born, he is an independent individual who is never an attachment to his parents. That is to say, I have the right to decide what my future role will be. During this period, what parents should do is give advice instead of playing the role of a dictator. In consequence, I will stick to my dream and chase my ideal career. Meanwhile, I will communicate with my father. If he still don't respect my voice, I will prove to him my resolution and commitment by action.

回复
  • 05210410李茹钰 2022-12-19

Firstly I will have a conversation with my father. My demands and dreams must be told clearly instead of hiding them in my heart. I will try my best to persuade him of my understanding of life's pursuit. Though there's little possibility to change his mind, I should still release my thoughts. If the father still refuses to give in to my demands, I will temporarily accept what he asks. That may sounds humiliating, but under that circumstance, it is the best method. I am young and have a long life to spend. It is better to build up my capabilities right  now so that I can go against my father's will in the future.

回复

添加回复