视频(34)
讨论(8)
PPT(16)
考试(9)
练习(1)
作业(2)

话题3-音乐赏析丨《答案在风中飘荡》——鲍勃 • 迪伦

By 管洁颖 老师 2018-10-10 1247次浏览

Listen to "Blowin' in the Wind" for a number of times and see if you can find out more "hidden" messages.

Write a post in around 300 words. Or, you could read others' posts and comment on their analysis. You may or may not agree with them, but you need to explain your own reasons.

3 回复

• Libretta 2018-10-14

Quite a long time has passed since I first listened to "Blowin' in the Wind". As for me, my feelings towards this song have changed on different occasions.

I remember myself once giving the comment "sad and somber" because the guitar and harmonica produced a low-pitched accompaniment. the singer’s voice also sounded lonely, as if he was constantly searching for answers. At that time, the song somehow created a scene in my mind, of which I described as "a desperate sense of freedom". It made me think of a man who has weathered the ups and downs of life. He would sit by the sea and recall the past memories, losing himself in philosophical questions. While he sat, he thought of flying cannonballs, sailing doves gripped by unrest and the soldiers dying in the war. All the questions ended with a sigh, for there was no absolute answer. The slow and repetitive rhythm was like a labyrinth. People struggled for a way out, only to find themselves walking in endless circles. Freedom was so near, yet it still seemed so unreachable. The answer was as elusive as the blowing wind, unable to grasp and perceive.

Lecture 3 provided me with a sanguine view towards this song, though. I learned that "blowin' in the wind" could also mean "out there, all around us". It was inviting us to look at everything around us with an open mind and attentive ears. In the wartime U.S., it served as a wake-up call. At present, it might convey that the unanswered questions of life will be solved if we slow down a little and really live this life.  

I believe that the understandings of a song are heavily influenced by our state of life at that moment. While I portrayed it as "sad and somber", actually I was recovering from a helpless mood. Overloaded by uncertainties, I was battling fiercely with myself for a way out. Nevertheless, I began to find peace in this song as I finally regained my directions.

回复
  • Vera 2018-11-01

In 2016, Bob Dylan won the Nobel Prize in Literature and became the first composer to receive the award. In this song, Dylan questioned the value of the traditional man, and believed that the objective fact of becoming a real man does not need to rely on the subjective judgment of being recognized as a real man by others. If you want to apply for the country or get approval from others, you don’t have to go to the Vietnam War battlefield to sacrifice your life.

The most exquisite sentence of the song, does not blame the cruelty of the main warring faction sent by the warrior, but instead identifies it as a person with conscience, and deceives again and again, as if he did not know about the death of the person, and finally made the decision lack of human after an unknown number of times. It makes the dissatisfication and distress of Dylan comes out extremely.

The answer is undoubtedly peace. The voice of peace is everywhere, and it is therefore ignored by us, as if it were blown away in the wind.

回复
  • 管洁颖 老师 2018-11-07

peace and love (^-^)V

回复

添加回复