课程特色

视频(50)
讨论(8)
图文(48)
考试(27)
音频(13)

Discussion - Week 5

By Lily 2020-03-30 1117次浏览

In what ways can you improve your writing? Specify your reasons and give examples to explain your points.

59 回复

• 陈柯儿 2020-03-30

Some advanced words and clauses are used to enrich the structure of the article. For instance, you can replace "then" with "subsequently", "afterward", "thereafter" and "secondarily".These words will be more eye-catching than the original.

回复
  • 刘一凡 2020-03-30

First, use related words reasonably to make the article clearer and more complete. Second, read English articles to make writing more authentic. Third, try to use advanced vocabulary.

回复
  • 邓煜 2020-03-30

If one wants improves his scores in the writing section, he must know how the passage is marked.From courses this week, I learnt that all the raters give high scores to those passage with enormous advanced words and perfect sentence structures. Inconsequently, I can improve my writing by enriching my vocabulary and practicing applying more structures of sentences.

回复
  • 申嘉若 2020-03-30

Memorize as many words as possible so that you can express your thoughts better when writing .

Read English books and learn sentence structures and means of expressions.

Write as much as you can so that you can flexibly use the words and skills you have learned .

回复
  • 杨子辰 2020-03-30

Read more good masterpieces, essays, English news, etc. to increase your reading volume and improve sense of English.For some daily excellent English writing models, I can first imitate their writing styles and fully understand their writing styles and skills.In the process of writing, we should not only ensure the smoothness of writing sentences, but also pay attention to the correctness of grammar knowledge

回复
  • 许钊宁 2020-03-30

In my opinion,the more vocabulary we know,the more beatiful sentence we can make.For example,if we can only use a single world to describe a emotion or a situation we want to say,our essay will become very boring. so we need to read more book to learn more vecobulary

回复
  • 黄本祎楠 2020-03-30

As the saying goes, practice makes perfect. A wonderful work should be checked and revised often, and the writer can learn more skills and improve writing. High quality input can bring marvel output, so reading excellent passages will help a lot.At the same time, expanding word bank is also an effective way to decorate the writings.

回复
  • 邓婷婷 2020-03-30

1 You can force yourself to practice one type of format, and you won't make any mistakes when you encounter the format next time. For example, in high school, we often practice writing in letter format, so writing letters does n’t cause any major problems.

2 Use more advanced words and vocabulary you have learned when you are writing, if you do so then not only to improve your composition, but also to remember the words faster.

3 Recite more proverbs. Such as practice makes perfect, you can improve your composition.

回复
  • 智海旭 2020-03-30

From my perspective, the most significant point is that the fluency of sentences must high. Additionally, we should use advanced vocabulary and advanced sentences appropriately. Because in this way , we can make readers understand us easier. For example, if readers can't understand your meaning, you writing is failing. So the fluency of sentences plays a great role. 

回复
  • 朱元可 2020-03-30

First,we can use sequence word,such as "first of all","secondly","what's more","finally" and so on,to make our passage more logical. Secondly, we can use more complex words to replace simple ones to make sentences more beautiful. Finally, we can use clauses to replace simple sentences.

回复
  • 2019111263林少鹏 2020-03-30

In my opinion,the more vocabulary we know,the more beatiful sentence we can make.For example,if we can only use a single world to describe a emotion or a situation we want to say,our essay will become very boring. so we need to read more book to learn more vecobulary

回复
  • 胡千越 2020-03-31

first, of the most importance, is to keep the logic develpment of your essay, using some link words may help. Also, using some more synonyms can reduce the repeatance of sentence,thus polishing up the paper.

回复
  • 杨东奇 2020-03-31

I think keep practising is the best way to improve my writting scores. If I do not practising my writting, I would never know where I'm siking in. For instance, I always careless about my writting grammar, but one day I have made a big mistake, which lead me in a low score. Also, by keep practising I may care the grammar while writting.

回复
  • 杨昌赣 2020-03-31

Remeber some specific sentences and Practice fruquently. practicing is an effective way to improve your writing skull,because practice makes perfect.In this past, my writing is poor,but after some positive practice,my writing is corrected and score is high.

回复
  • 张雨林 2020-03-31

I think reading improves our writing. For read makes us learn more neat sentence structure and more words, it is easy for us to use these in our writings to make it stand out in the crowd. For instance, my point of view is often quit similiar to those who achieved a good score, yet they often have some fancy words or structures which I do not. It is only logical they got a higher score than me.

回复
  • 熊嘉瑜 2020-03-31

I think I can improve my English from these aspects. First of all, my English vocabulary is very naive, so I think I can take the method of accumulating many advanced vocabulary to improve this. In addition, I think the structure of my sentence is very rigid. For this, I think I can improve it by training every week

回复
  • 张凯 2020-03-31

Learn different structiures of sentence. Using more structures can make our passages more multiplex which might attract more persons to read. Also, according to different situation, we can choose a proper way to express the same thing. Sometimes, saying something in an euphemistic way could be better than in a tough way.

回复
  • 钱泓宇 2020-03-31

To improve my writing skill, the best way is to learn how to organize the passage. For instance, the essay should effectively addresses hte topic and task, and be well developed, using clearly appropriate explanations, exemplifications and details.

回复
  • 王俊超 2020-03-31

In my opinion the most vital part of producing a wonderful passage is to make sense of the form of you passage. Convey you thoughts with logical evidences to explain your points together Then advanced words and some phrases For example ,if you mix your passage a mass it would be difficult for readers to understand your mind.

回复
  • 金旭 2020-03-31

I approve of learning to accumulate is the way to improve my writing. A excellent passage is provied with beautiful language and rigourous logic. That requires us to accumulate more advanced words and neat structures by reading books  and even papers. More importantly,learn to use them flexibly by training. 

回复
  • 王磊Casimir 2020-03-31

In my opinion, it's an efficient way to improve my writing by reciting more good sentences in other articles and learning to use various sentence structures. For example, when you want to express your idea, everyone has the same right, it's too bored just to copy the original sentence. It's wise of you to write that a cat may look at a king, which can express your perspective vividly.

回复
  • 郑双 2020-03-31

To my humble opinion, the vocabulary is chief. And then, the grammar should be improved. With these abilities and some tips, writting should be based on prectice, and advanced by correcting our mistakes.

回复
  • 刘家傲 2020-03-31

I have keeping to read the foreign articles for about 2 years and it really help me a lot to improve my writng skills. Because when you read foreign articles, you can accumulate some specific phrases or new terms so that you can use these new things in your next writing.

回复
  • 刘采薇 2020-03-31

Well,in my poion,the ways of improving English writing mainly are looing more ,reading more,practicing more.First of all,develop the basis of words.A composition is made up with words,we can make sentences to memory the meaning of the words.Then,we can read some good passenges and remember them.By remembering them ,we can know the means of expression,what's more,we can enhance sense of language.Last but not the least,we can try some pracetice of rewrting .This can help us develop the wrting thinking.In a word,it is long term to improve the wrting,we need to practice more.

回复
  • 唐思洋 2020-04-01

I think the first thing you need to do to improve your writing ability is to read a lot of books. And learn from the beautiful words and sentences, as well as some reasonable expression methods. Finally, I will improve my writing ability through a lot of practice

回复
  • 谭启龙 2020-04-01

In order to write a good English article, I think it is necessary to have a clear and complete idea first, so as to form a logical content framework. Secondly, we should use more advanced words and phrases.For example, we can replace words with phrases. And also draft before formal writing. 

回复
  • 袁铨酉 2020-04-01

Reading more news and articles may improve our writing ability.Using some synonyms can make the sentence more advanced.And you should use correct structure to make your writing logical.Don't use some words or sentence patterns that are too absolute like " there's no doubt that……","absolutely",etc.

回复
  • 李想 2020-04-01

Vocabulary are the fundamental of writing. The more words you remember, the more wonderful your compositions are. As we all know, we can not write a wonderful composition with just a little wordsNext,reading books is a good way to improving your writing.Reading books can broad our horizons.Thus we can write a composition from different angle. What's more, keep practicing.Genius is one percent inspiration and ninety-nine percent perspiration.We can not success without practice.

回复
  • 戴宁杰 2020-04-01

Accumulate highlighted expression is proved to be a effective way to improve writing shills. Wkat's more, improve one's language sense is the most basic way.We should expose ourselves to more English resources, which can gradually enhance our writing ability. 

回复
  • 叶明松 2020-04-01

The article is composed of the words, sentence structure and associated word. If we need to improve my English writing skills, we need to acquire newer words and sentence structure using. And we also need to  know how the article is working and follow the writing logic. So I will improve my English writing skills by accumulate more sentence structure and reading more English article to find out how the English article work.

回复

添加回复