下载资料(42)
练习(12)
作业(30)
讨论(6)
考试(7)
文档(7)

Discussion: tangible and intangible costs

By 杨晓轩 老师 07-25 494次浏览

As we've learnt in the 1st unit, economic feasibility study is indispensable in evaluating the effectiveness of a potential software development project. In this phase, it is important to compare the benefits with the costs. In most cases, people arrange costs into two categories: tangible costs and intangible casts.

Let's have a free and open discussion about tangible costs and intangible costs. You may share your understanding of the two different types of costs, talk about the differences between them and give some examples of the two different types of costs to support your idea.

20 回复

• 徐同语 07-25

Tangible cost refers to the monetary or physical form of the final consumption expenditure. Intangible cost cannot be reflected in accounting measurement, and it is manifested in the impact of audit style and professional ethics on society, mainly referring to the investment of equipment, funds, time, and manpower.

回复
  • 杨晓轩 老师 07-27

Great!

But acctually, in our daily work, especially in the feasility study of a new project, We do conduct an analysis on both tangible and intangible costs. Otherwise, it is impossible to determine whether the project is financially feasible. 

回复
  • 谢胡威 07-30

To understand these nouns , I combine my own ideas with explanations on the Internet.  In my views, I distinguish them with the cost whether can be evaluated clearly. Therefore, the cost is able to count and recording in an account. Besides, I have to metion that tangible costs are defined as the products that go directly into producing an item you sell and the labor your business dedicates to providing a product or service. For the other one, it include some potential losses, as well as the expense out of production 

回复
  • 贺业翔 08-19

yes

回复
  • 王彦淞 08-20

To understand these nouns , I combine my own ideas with explanations on the Internet.  In my views, I distinguish them with the cost whether can be evaluated clearly. Therefore, the cost is able to count and recording in an account. Besides, I have to metion that tangible costs are defined as the products that go directly into producing an item you sell and the labor your business dedicates to providing a product or service. For the other one, it include some potential losses, as well as the expense out of production 

回复
  • 王瑞琪 08-21

Formation refers to the monetary or physical form of final consumption expenditure. Intangible costs cannot be reflected in accounting measures, which are manifested in the impact of auditing style and auditing ethics on society, mainly referring to the investment of equipment, funds, time, manpower and so on.

回复
  • 姜妍 08-22

tangible cost is a quantifiable cost of doing business that is connected to a specific source or asset. Tangible costs can relate directly to a physical item used in production or in conducting business operations. The cost of running a business is often discussed in terms of intangible factors such as time, effort and creativity.

回复
  • 李思学 08-23

tangible cost is a quantifiable cost of doing business that is connected to a specific source or asset. Tangible costs can relate directly to a physical item used in production or in conducting business operations. The cost of running a business is often discussed in terms of intangible factors such as time, effort and creativity.

回复
  • 王一鸣 08-23
    yes
    回复
  • 张敬烽 08-25

good

回复
  • 高歌 08-25

good

回复
  • 穹宇 08-25

Tangible cost is a cost that can be directly quantified and measured, which is related to the use and consumption of material resources, such as raw material cost and equipment depreciation. Intangible costs are difficult to quantify directly, and are related to the use and consumption of intangible resources, such as brand value and R&D investment. Tangible costs can be accurately measured by accounting methods, while intangible costs can't be directly quantified. The difference between them lies in measurability and direct correlation.

回复
  • 尹子涵 08-27

Tangible costs can be calculated and there are several costs. Intangible costs are difficult to express in price. The difference between them is the payment status of the consumption

回复
  • 尹子涵 08-27

Tangible costs can be calculated and there are several costs. Intangible costs are difficult to express in price. The difference between them is the payment status of the consumption

回复
  • 刘茜宇 08-28

回复
  • 蔡正莲 08-28

Tangible cost is a cost that can be directly quantified and measured, which is related to the use and consumption of material resources, such as raw material cost and equipment depreciation. Intangible costs are difficult to quantify directly, and are related to the use and consumption of intangible resources, such as brand value and R&D investment. Tangible costs can be accurately measured by accounting methods, while intangible costs can't be directly quantified. The difference between them lies in measurability and direct correlation.

回复
  • Han 08-28

回复
  • 王毓薇 08-28

回复
  • 郭海旭 08-29

Formation refers to the monetary or physical form of final consumption expenditure. Intangible costs cannot be reflected in accounting measures, which are manifested in the impact of auditing style and auditing ethics on society, mainly referring to the investment of equipment, funds, time, manpower and so on.

回复
  • 傅兰翔 08-29

回复

添加回复