课程特色

视频(81)
练习(4)
考试(5)
作业(4)
下载资料(13)

Leisure inactivity -- smartphone

By Cooper 老师 2019-04-06 1763次浏览

While couch potato is still  prevalent, the world has since overwhelmed by a new form of sedentary lifestyle....smartphone. One could remain inactive for hours, starring at the petty screen of a smartphone. A recent UK research has identified some of the personality traits that could lead to smartphone addiction, finding that those who are more emotionally unstable are more likely to be hooked on their phone. Carried out by psychologists from the University of Derby and Nottingham Trent University, the online study surveyed 640 smartphone users aged 13-69 to look at a possible link between smartphone use and certain personality traits. Overuse is often defined as a "dependence syndrome", it is a kind of mental illness.

The team found that those who were less emotionally stable and resilient were more likely have a higher level of smartphone use, possibly as a form of therapy or seeking pacification to shun away from the dejection of life. In addition, those with anxiety also appeared to be more addicted to their phone. Most popular smartphone applications among the participants were social networking applications (used by 49.9%), followed by instant messaging applications (35.2%), and then music applications (19.1%). People cling tenaciously to smartphone more, when they encounter unsatisfactory life.

Behavior the likes of social dislocation, depression and stress are already prominent . Cum with irritability, lack of sleep, productivity declines....all positively co-related with perturbed use of smartphone. If you do not buy this fact, just look around your friends and verify it  for yourself ! Millions of people died from tobacco-related diseases before governments and international organisations moved to accumulate a strong body of research that, in turn, lent credibility to anti-smoking campaigns. Screen or social network addiction may not be as deadly, but it's capable of serious social and economic damage.

The best remedy always lies in the nature.  Savour the sunlight, lush green park, bird's chirping... life is so much blissful out there.

7 回复

• 翮恬玉 2019-04-06

frownQuantities of people use their cellphone for entertainment, but the cellphone is a media for us to search for knowledge, from my perspective, and that's it. I think we should regard it as a tool or an information resource, but not a multi-functional toy.

回复
  • Tina 2019-04-12

Yes, before I went to college, I liked to take a walk with others, because we were not allowed to use mobile phones in high school, we could chat while taking a walk. After college, I like to walk alone, because people around me like to walk and play with their mobile phones, which gives me a great sense of distance. This is true when they walk, not to mention in other daily life.

回复
  • Cooper 老师 2019-04-13

@Tina  A man is not old until he keeps reminiscing the past. Nevertheless, I still fond of the 'Good old days' when friends talk face to face instead of swiping on the screen. You are incredibly right when you mention people are in fact 'distanced' by phone. The once exuberant zest of seeing friends, is hard to come by now.  

回复
  • 老叫花子 2019-04-27

In fact, I can't control myself to be far away from my phone as well. I know it will have somthing bad influence to my study, however, there is much useful information,which is from my teachers,instructor or classmates so that it's very difficut for me to stay away from it.

回复
  • Lelin 2019-05-09

Almost everyone around me has caught the "Smartphone Fever" and they know half about that. Since when our life is coverd by kinds of line and one of them is the real life line. I saw a interesting video before, here comes an emerging job - Seeing Eye People, that is, a sever who works at leading the way for those Phubber. Is that ridiculous or ironic? We all need to think about that.wink

回复
  • 谭昊阳 2019-05-15

I used to think it was a good idea to get more information through the mobile phone, but later I found that most of the information I got was just  knowledge pieces. We get a lot of knowledge pieces, but can not established a complete knowledge system and the depth of thinking also declines. I think it's better to control the use of mobile phone, not wasting time on something looks worthwhile but hurtful in fact.

回复
  • Cooper 老师 2019-05-19
    The apparent flaw for being enslaved by phone, in my perspective is deprive your concentration. That's why students nowadays are toiling with study for they cannot have mindfulness on one single object for a sustained period of time. Then on, it's spiral downwards....
    回复

添加回复